• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

2 hours ago, winterwarlock said:

Uadvertised storms..one mid afternoon and one overnight brought over a half inch in my area. Now about 1.5 inches for the last 5 days so it looks like we are in full cutting mode as the weeds esoecially crabgrass will now be non stop til late September 

Yup, very little talk or hype. Best storms of the season here locally 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Allsnow said:

Yup, very little talk or hype. Best storms of the season here locally 

Just like Stormlover, I slept right through it early this morning. I was very surprised to see that I got 0.42" here. We really got lucky the last 2 days. Crazy how it worked out. All the potential and big hype for mid to late last week and we got almost nothing out of it, yet we got hit good the last 2 days when it was only a slim chance. You just never know ... it's freak luck with these summer storms. Anyway I'm glad we got a good amount of rain before the big heat. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Just like Stormlover, I slept right through it early this morning. I was very surprised to see that I got 0.42" here. We really got lucky the last 2 days. Crazy how it worked out. All the potential and big hype for mid to late last week and we got almost nothing out of it, yet we got hit good the last 2 days when it was only a slim chance. You just never know ... it's freak luck with these summer storms. Anyway I'm glad we got a good amount of rain before the big heat. 

Usually how it goes. Has a way of evening out. It always seems like the big severe threats underperform but then we do well when it's not expected.

Hrrr has some more storms between 9 and 10 tonight 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Usually how it goes. Has a way of evening out. It always seems like the big severe threats underperform but then we do well when it's not expected.

Hrrr has some more storms between 9 and 10 tonight 

Yeah like you said we probably have to wait until Wednesday for our next storms, but you never know. Slight chance we could see another storm tonight, and I would also keep an eye on tomorrow night. The severe storms in PA tomorrow are supposed to fall apart before getting to us, but it's certainly possible that something could hold together for us tomorrow night. 

91/77/105 ugh

Gotta watch if/how that morning rain affects Central Park. They been relatively dry allowing it to keep decent pace temp wise. Bulk of rain missed me just to my south so I didn't see how heavy it was.

1 hour ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah like you said we probably have to wait until Wednesday for our next storms, but you never know. Slight chance we could see another storm tonight, and I would also keep an eye on tomorrow night. The severe storms in PA tomorrow are supposed to fall apart before getting to us, but it's certainly possible that something could hold together for us tomorrow night. 

Slight risk for tomorrow north and western areas

47 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Slight risk for tomorrow north and western areas

Yeah not a surprise that SPC extended that slight risk well to the east on the last update. Those storms could make it close to our area. 

The 100° heat should be more extensive tomorrow with deeper SW flow expected. The 100° heat in NJ stayed west of the sea breeze front in Mercer County. Places like Newark will probably have a better chance tomorrow.

IMG_0520.thumb.jpeg.56492f7817d842e445a9e7a70ef5a843.jpeg

9 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The 100° heat should be more extensive tomorrow with deeper SW flow expected. The 100° heat in NJ stayed west of the sea breeze front in Mercer County. Places like Newark will probably have a better chance tomorrow.

Just posting the same, but zoomed in a bit, as there was at least one site that was not displayed (97 at Little Falls), so did get pretty hot west of the GSP.

image.thumb.png.0c55ae3d179ecb31434fbe01058d7228.png

• Like 1