• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

11 minutes ago, MANDA said:

.45" here.  Better than nothing but after a week of waiting and with near record PW I am disappointed.

About 0.40" here.  I'll gladly take it to liven things up, but nowhere near what could've been.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Allsnow said:

Bust 

Horrible. I did manage to get 0.24" this morning, which was just enough to water the garden. But what a bust for our area and a lot of New Jersey. I'm glad areas to the east that really needed the rain got hit, but this was very disappointing. For our area to not even get a half inch for the whole week is terrible considering all the potential the week had with the PWATS and forecasts for heavy rain. Really a shame that we didn't get the type of rain we needed before the big heat wave.

Could be a few pop ups tomorrow, but I won't get my hopes up on that one. Maybe we'll actually have a decent severe threat late Wednesday since we'll actually have a good cold front breaking a heat wave for a change. We'll see, but for now very disappointed. We've had so many useless high humidity days that didn't yield storms so this summer, so I'm looking forward to the nice break in the humidity that we're gonna get for late week into next weekend. That'll be a nice change. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Nice that you got lucky. You just got into the edge of the more significant rain there in the eastern part of the County. 

The nam just needs to be shot 

Rgem did a little better and the models showing east of 95 jackpots 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Hottest real feel temps possible?

Imagine 100F with 80 dews

July 15th 1995...It was heat that could kill you and it did. Many in Chicago died from that heatwave. It peaked here on July 15th..Hottest day I could ever remember. High of 102 and dews in the low 80's

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WX-PA said:

July 15th 1995...It was heat that could kill you and it did. Many in Chicago died from that heatwave. It peaked here on July 15th..Hottest day I could ever remember.

I believe Heat Index readings soared to 120 to near 130 across parts of the Illinois / Wisconsin area.  Heat index values around here were near 115 for a time if I remember correctly.  Might be off by a little high or low but it was just stiflingly hot.  Just don't remember anything like that since, although we probably came close on occasion I guess.

27 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It's only a matter of time before we challenge those records. We're getting 604dm ridges in the Atlantic now. 

That was the only time we had low 80s dew points with 100° temperatures. They did a study on it. The corn sweat got trapped under a strong low level  inversion leading to the record high dew points and heat indices. 

https://journals.ametsoc.org/downloadpdf/view/journals/bams/77/7/1520-0477_1996_077_1507_tjhwit_2_0_co_2.pdf

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

I think we have a shot at 100 Tuesday, but obviously it's unlikely dews would be that high if the temp is that high. Very rare to get a dewpoint near 80 when the temp is that hot. Right now dewpoints are projected to be in the low 70s Tuesday afternoon, which still is horrendous with temps up close to 100. It probably will be the worst day of the summer. 

40 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

So does the park see their first 100° reading since 2011?

Really depends on the wind direction. It needs to be at least SW. If it’s southerly with the Ambrose Jet firing up, max would be 95 and before the winds increase. The models really bringing the heat east of NJ and the Hudson Valley keep the westerly flow and mute the seabreeze. 

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

It's only a matter of time before we challenge those records. We're getting 604dm ridges in the Atlantic now. 

we need an eml for that and it's been tough getting them here 

58 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

So does the park see their first 100° reading since 2011?

No, tree canopy unless a certain wind direction that magically the trees don't have an effect all of a sudden

NYC hasn’t been able to get higher than 98° since 2014.

Data for January 1, 2014 through July 13, 2024
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
NJ NEWARK LIBERTY INTL AP WBAN 103
NJ HARRISON COOP 102
NJ CANOE BROOK COOP 101
NY LAGUARDIA AIRPORT WBAN 101
CT NORWICH PUBLIC UTILITY PLANT COOP 101
NJ CRANFORD COOP 100
NJ CALDWELL ESSEX COUNTY AP WBAN 100
NY SETAUKET STRONG COOP 100
NY WORLD TRADE CENTER WBAN 99
NJ TETERBORO AIRPORT WBAN 99
NJ TETERBORO AIRPORT COOP 99
NY JFK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT WBAN 99
NY ISLIP-LI MACARTHUR AP WBAN 99
NY WEST POINT COOP 99
CT PUTNAM LAKE COOP 99
CT IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL AIRPORT WBAN 99
NY NY CITY CENTRAL PARK WBAN 98

3 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

2003: What may be the world's highest dew point temperature was recorded at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, in the Persian Gulf. A dew point of 95 degrees was recorded at 3 PM while the air temperature was 108 degrees. The apparent temperature at that time would have been 172 degrees.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

2003: What may be the world's highest dew point temperature was recorded at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, in the Persian Gulf. A dew point of 95 degrees was recorded at 3 PM while the air temperature was 108 degrees. The apparent temperature at that time would have been 172 degrees.

i rather live in a desert area away from the water at least dew points will be a lot cooler then the city even if the temps are over 110..