• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

Nice, consistent guidance from the regional, shorter term models.  Deluge on the 12Z NAM from 8 am to 2 pm tomorrow vs. a few nuisance showers on the RGEM (RDPS).  Makes for easy forecasting, lol.  Like most, hoping for the RGEM to be right - have a disc golf tourney tomorrow at Rutgers (50th annual Jersey Jam) and DG in the rain sucks.  

qpf_006h-imp.us_ma.png

qpf_006h-imp.us_ma.png

The models have been horrible IMO.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

going to be a big bust for areas well north and west that looked to jackpot a day or two ago. Not saying ukie is right but then trend is for the heaviest amounts along the I95 corridor on eastward

I'm starting to brace myself for under 1".  Will see what radar looks like this evening and go from there but trend has been for along I-95 and south and east of there.

New daily record high PWAT at OKX of 2.39 is 7th highest measured value.

The environment across the region is extremely
supportive of heavy rainfall, with PWs measured by morning U/A
sounding reaching 2 to 2.3 inches (2.39 inches, a daily record at
OKX) with coincident MLCAPE of 1000-2000 J/kg. 

Max Values 

08/19/1955 (03Z)2.62
in09/07/2008 (00Z)2.47

in07/23/2018 (12Z)2.45

in07/18/2019 (12Z)2.44

in08/11/2016 (12Z)2.41

in08/05/2010 (12Z)2.41

in08/19/2021 (12Z)2.40

in08/12/2016 (12Z)2.40

in07/18/2005 (12Z)2.40

in 07/12/2024(12z)2.39

in08/13/2016 (00Z)2.38 in

14 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Big bust on the rain today 

Hopefully it's coming for tomorrow morning, but I'm starting to become a little worried that this is an event mainly for the coast with only spotty activity to the north and west. It's very dry here, so it's going to be rough if we don't get any significant rain before the big heat wave. I'm still fairly optimistic about tomorrow morning, but we'll see. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

yes and no, most of the rainfall is expected over night, no?

The rain shield has shifted east with a big cutoff to the north of NYC.

I had some showers this morning but dry now.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Big bust on the rain today 

I held off fertilizing the lawn in anticipation of 2-4 inches of rain and possibility that the fertilizer is mostly washed away. I maybe should have gone ahead and fertilized. We have had two very light rains all since Tuesday. Today's was more a misting and sprinkles. I guess we will see what happens overnight, we could use some rain.

48 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

The rain shield has shifted east with a big cutoff to the north of NYC.

I had some showers this morning but dry now.

Out east of Central Suffolk there has been plenty of rain which was not supposed to maintain itself all day as stationary front was expected to move northwest. Nope. Central Suffolk and east have seen plenty of rain.  

18z run of HRRR still has a decent amount of activity for tomorrow morning. Hopefully it will be a case of delayed but not denied for heavy rain this week. It has been a little frustrating having to wait this long, since originally it appeared that we'd have good rain chances for most of the week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

Nam lol

NAM 3km says Middlesex County is gonna get hit hard with 1 to 2 inches of rain over the next couple hours, lol. I'll just assume it's wrong. That's an insane overhyping model. I remember on 4th of July night it had some areas getting 6 to 9 inches of rain, when in fact it was only a quarter to half inch in spots. Horrible model. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, winterwx21 said:

NAM 3km says Middlesex County is gonna get hit hard with 1 to 2 inches of rain over the next couple hours, lol. I'll just assume it's wrong. That's an insane overhyping model. I remember on 4th of July night it had some areas getting 6 to 9 inches of rain, when in fact it was only a quarter to half inch in spots. Horrible model. 

But even the regular nam just went from 1 to 2 to half an inch