• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

Looks we will get another chance for decent rains with the cold front as the next heatwave peaks by Wednesday into Thursday.

IMG_0443.thumb.png.e61ffd8b3c35257839b07830802f74bf.png

Rain / storm chances Monday evening as well could have some local strong storm.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

Rain / storm chances Monday evening as well could have some local strong storm.

We will have to rely on fronts and high dew point convection for our rainfall into late July as the tropics go quiet for a while.

2 hours ago, bluewave said:

The GFS has 100° heat potential early next week before we get a relaxation of the heat for a bit.

IMG_0441.thumb.gif.4e4b22eeef31023a19a40c057a4ba3fe.gif
IMG_0442.thumb.png.038c25dc64287a74955be5ccaaf2dd1c.png

Looks like the Ambrose Jet is muted in this next heatwave so if we can maintain a more westerly flow it can be in the upper 90s east of the city too. 

12 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Looks like the Ambrose Jet is muted in this next heatwave so if we can maintain a more westerly flow it can be in the upper 90s east of the city too. 

Yeah, the hi res GFS has 95° to 100° heat potential from Huntington to Commack. But we’ll need to get close to full sun to have a shot at those temperatures. Probably have to wait another day or two to see what models come up with on sky conditions.

IMG_0447.thumb.png.e725490bd84f6ad0929eef507ea0ddce.png

• Sad 1

Just 0.02" here this morning. Very dry here, so I'm really hoping we get a significant amount of rain today or tomorrow. Probably going to be hit or miss with this event though, with some areas getting 3 inches of rain while others get less than a half inch. Hoping to get lucky here. 

• Like 1

Radar looks pretty good, but I see latest HRRR says those downpours to the south are gonna weaken and just be showers by the time they get up here. HRRR is a wildly inconsistent model though, so who knows. Would like to see heavy rain this afternoon, but maybe we'll have to wait until tonight or tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Radar looks pretty good, but I see latest HRRR says those downpours to the south are gonna weaken and just be showers by the time they get up here. HRRR is a wildly inconsistent model though, so who knows. Would like to see heavy rain this afternoon, but maybe we'll have to wait until tonight or tomorrow. 

It's rare to see heavy rain coming up from the south weaken like that

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, FPizz said:

Nothing much after 15z on this model

qpf_acc-imp.us_ne.png

Can tell you're rooting for the rain end early tomorrow so it doesn't mess of your son's graduation party! I see 12z RGEM has it mainly over by late morning as well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Can tell you're rooting for the rain end early tomorrow so it doesn't mess of your son's graduation party! I see 12z RGEM has it mainly over by late morning as well. 

Yes!  I don't mind the soaking as long as it is done by 12 or so.  Most models minus the one NAM so far have it ending around noonish. I'd take a nice 1-1.5" before then though.   

• Like 1

Nice, consistent guidance from the regional, shorter term models.  Deluge on the 12Z NAM from 8 am to 2 pm tomorrow vs. a few nuisance showers on the RGEM (RDPS).  Makes for easy forecasting, lol.  Like most, hoping for the RGEM to be right - have a disc golf tourney tomorrow at Rutgers (50th annual Jersey Jam) and DG in the rain sucks.  

qpf_006h-imp.us_ma.png

qpf_006h-imp.us_ma.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1