• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

1 hour ago, Stormlover74 said:

Ukie also got wetter (with more to come)

trend-ukmet-2024070712-f132.qpf_acc-imp.us_ne.gif

And then you have 12z Euro which is very dry. Very little rain all next week on the Euro. Maybe a compromise between the dry Euro and wet GFS will happen. With all the humidity, I would think there would be at least scattered downpours with some areas getting 1 to 2 inches of rain. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

And then you have 12z Euro which is very dry. Very little rain all next week on the Euro. Maybe a compromise between the dry Euro and wet GFS will happen. With all the humidity, I would think there would be at least scattered downpours with some areas getting 1 to 2 inches of rain. 

Yeah I just saw. Guess we'll see

8 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Latest from WPC.  Much will depend on where the western extent of the offshore ridge sets up.  Too far west and we're much drier area wide.

I am riding local 5" amounts over parts of NJ at this time.  L.I. has best chances of seeing only light amounts.

Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 2.13.46 PM.jpg

• Like 1

Grotesque on LI North Shore. Again, as the theme has been last 7-8 years - extremely high dewpoints are the main issue. 76° by me. Earlier climate models had shown less humidity than previous years. We will see how this works out. 

IMG_3629.png

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bkviking said:

Grotesque on LI North Shore. Again, as the theme has been last 7-8 years - extremely high dewpoints are the main issue. 76° by me. Earlier climate models had shown less humidity than previous years. We will see how this works out. 

IMG_3629.png

89/75 here. 

87/75 down at FRG, HI 97. 

No wind on the water today. Stifling. Everyone jumping off the boats for a swim 

6 minutes ago, psv88 said:

We needed heat advisories all weekend. It’s been brutal 

Yesterday was warranted, today wasn’t as bad.  This is comparing two 12pm travel games at Otsego field in Dix Hills.

59 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

a little breeze today is a huge improvement… just a little but really helps the evaporative cooling

I went for a run after the Mets game ended, and that breeze along with the dewpoint down at 66 made it feel pretty good for running despite a temp of 93. So much better today than the last few days, but of course we'll be going back to the super high humidity during the week.