• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

84 / 65 - Some clouds but continued hot / less humid - low - mid 90s- scattered storms.   Next 3 days (thru Tue) continue hot, humid with scattered (Florida style) storms popping up at times - highs in the 90s as the Atlantic ridge keeps the EC heights elevated in a S flow and the wc ride pumps.   Heatwave should get to between 5 - 7 for many.  Remnants of Beryl and continued tropical flow aimed up the Mississippi into the GL Tu - Th.  Some of that rain will head for the northeast and pending on the Atlantic ridge could dump some heavy rains in the Wed PM - through Fri period.  Beyond there - overall warm - hot and humid by next weekend Sat - Sun (7/13-14).   ECM has a cut off undercutting the Atlantic ridge Thu off the Mid Atl coast to further add some forecast challenges.

7/5 - 7/11 : Hot, Humid - daily storm potential (heatwave)
7/11 PM - 7/13 : Beryl.  humid - could be some heavy rains favored N)
7/14 - beyond: Overall warm to hot, WC heat pushes east later in the period.

GOES16-EUS-02-1000x1000.gif

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

this should have fun dewpoints

image.thumb.png.8867a9233cd2517a9eab9a56b831c110.png

Pattern for the upcoming week looks to support a ribbon of high dewpoint air moving from Texas to the Lakes with Beryl remnants along with some locally heavy rainfall.  Another swath of high dewpoint air along the east coast around very anomalous Bermuda high.  That also could yield locally heavy rainfall.  In between the two a relative "drier" swath over the Ohio Valley.  Going to be soupy times ahead along the east coast for sure.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Pattern for the upcoming week looks to support a ribbon of high dewpoint air moving from Texas to the Lakes with Beryl remnants along with some locally heavy rainfall.  Another swath of high dewpoint air along the east coast around very anomalous Bermuda high.  That also could yield locally heavy rainfall.  In between the two a relative "drier" swath over the Ohio Valley.  Going to be soupy times ahead along the east coast for sure.

you are so pessimistic i see the big picture every day that passes gets us closer to cool fall weather..

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Dew point is down to 65 here. Feels pretty good compared to what we had the last few days. 

Storm chances look low today through Tuesday, but I'm sure there will be a few pop ups. Hopefully we'll get heavy amounts of rain later in the week as we get moisture from Beryl. 

4 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Too much of a good thing.  Doubt totals that heavy will be that widespread but certainly could see some local totals of 5-7" over the next 7 days.  I'd be happy with an inch over the next week!

I wouldn't discount a scenario like this occuring. Between a very high moisture feed/PWAT's and possible remnants of Beryl it wouldn't surprise me if something like what the GFS is showing were to play out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Too much of a good thing.  Doubt totals that heavy will be that widespread but certainly could see some local totals of 5-7" over the next 7 days.  I'd be happy with an inch over the next week!

Canadian is much further west with the highest amounts but somebody is probably going to see 5"+

6 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Canadian is much further west with the highest amounts but somebody is probably going to see 5"+

i'm more interested in that disturbance that rides up the coast as the ridge peaks

• Like 3