• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

5 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

Dry weekend now?

Also most model runs backed off on the stormy weather for next week too. Right now they're showing some showers for Tuesday night and that's about it. I do think we'll have at least slight storm chances off and on due to the high humidity, but it might not be the big wet pattern that some were advertising. 

I do see that the Euro just came in stormy for Wednesday into Thursday next week, which is a change and is different than the other models. 

35 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Also most model runs backed off on the stormy weather for next week too. Right now they're showing some showers for Tuesday night and that's about it. I do think we'll have at least slight storm chances off and on due to the high humidity, but it might not be the big wet pattern that some were advertising. 

I do see that the Euro just came in stormy for Wednesday into Thursday next week, which is a change and is different than the other models. 

The euro is nuts mid to late week. Nothing this weekend 

8 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

The euro is nuts mid to late week. Nothing this weekend 

Yep. As Jm1220 mentioned, Beryl remnants is the reason why this Euro run is showing a ton of rain for us mid to late week. Previous Euro runs and other current models are not showing this, so I wouldn't bite on lots of rain mid to late week yet. Just something to keep an eye on. 

Yeah tomorrow went from looking like a stormy day to now maybe just an isolated storm. Now I'm glad we got the rain last night since there's a chance we won't see anything the next several days. Slight chance of a storm this afternoon. Having another cookout so will keep an eye on radar. 

Looks like 2nd highest dew point at SMQ on the hourly updates since records started in 1999. Not sure if those off hour 5 min higher obs at 81° were considered official. The chart below is only for hourly updates. 

https://www.weather.gov/wrh/timeseries?site=KSMQ&hours=72

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/plotting/auto/?_wait=no&q=155&network=NJ_ASOS&zstation=SMQ&var=max_dwpf&w=all&threshold=100&hour=12&sdate=0101&edate=1231&month=jul&_r=t&dpi=100&_fmt=png

IMG_0344.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

They seem to fizzle after 10 minutes

Yeah that's a good point. It's a real struggle for the cells to survive very long. We do have a shot at seeing a brief shower or downpour over the next hour or two though with the activity in southern Hunterdon getting ready to move into Somerset, or possibly another cell or two popping up near our area.