• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

1 hour ago, Stormlover74 said:

Decent rain now, bit of thunder

Ended up being not too impressive. Looked great on radar as it was heading into western NJ, but it really weakened. Mostly light to moderate rain, but I did get a very narrow line of heavy rain. It poured for about 3 minutes. I ended up getting 0.42" tonight. 

The HRRR deserves to be criticized for not picking up on the activity until the last minute, but the 3km NAM was much worse. I mean the 18z run had some areas getting 6 to 9 inches of rain, LOL. That model was totally off its rocker. The HRRR was bad, but the 3km NAM was INSANE with the amounts it was predicting.

Anyway it worked out ok here. The rain held off until almost 10 so I was able to get all the fireworks in, and then the garden got a decent soaking. Glad I won't have to water tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Ended up being not too impressive. Looked great on radar as it was heading into western NJ, but it really weakened. Mostly light to moderate rain, but I did get a very narrow line of heavy rain. It poured for about 3 minutes. I ended up getting 0.42" tonight. 

The HRRR deserves to be criticized for not picking up on the activity until the last minute, but the 3km NAM was much worse. I mean the 18z run had some areas getting 6 to 9 inches of rain, LOL. That model was totally off its rocker. The HRRR was bad, but the 3km NAM was INSANE with the amounts it was predicting.

Anyway it worked out ok here. The rain held off until almost 10 so I was able to get all the fireworks in, and then the garden got a decent soaking. Glad I won't have to water tomorrow. 

We got rained out for our fireworks.  Received 0.42”

• Sad 2

Records:

Highs:

EWR: 105 (1949)
NYC: 102 (1949)
LGA: 100 (1949)
JFK: 101 (2010)

Lows:

EWR: 58 (1945)
NYC: 55 (1986)
LGA: 57 (1940)
JFK: 59 (2021)

Historical:

1776 - Thomas Jefferson paid for his first thermometer, and signed the Declaration of Independence. According to his weather memorandum book, at 2 PM it was cloudy and 76 degrees. (David Ludlum)
1911 - The northeastern U.S. experienced sweltering 100 degree heat. The temperature soared to 105 degrees at Vernon, VT, and North Bridgton ME, and to 106 degrees at Nashua NH, to establish all-time records for those three states. Afternoon highs of 104 at Boston, MA, 104 at Albany, NY, and 103 at Portland, ME, were all-time records for those three cities. (The Weather Channel)

1911: Record temperatures are set in the northeastern United States as a deadly heat wave hits the area that would go on to kill 380 people. In Nashua, New Hampshire, the mercury peaked at 106 degrees. Other high-temperature records were set all over New England during an 11-day period.
1956 - A world record for the most rain in one minute was set at Unionville, MD, with a downpour of 1.23 inches. (The Weather Channel) (The National Severe Storms Forecast Center)
1987 - Thunderstorms around the country provided extra fireworks for Independence Day. Thunderstorms produced wind gusts to 82 mph at Clearwater, KS, eight inches of rain in four hours at Menno SD, and three inches of rain in just fifteen minutes at Austin, KY. Morning thunderstorms drenched Oneonta AL with 8.6 inches of rain, their greatest 24 hour total in thirty years of records. The heavy rain caused mudslides and serious flooding, claiming two lives. (The National Weather Summary) (Storm Data)
1988 - Thunderstorms produced heavy rain over the Central Gulf Coast Region for the second day in a row. Monroe, LA, was deluged with 3.75 inches in two hours. Aberdeen and Rapid City, SD, reported record high temperatures for the date, with readings of 105 degrees. (The National Weather Summary)
1989 - Independence Day was hot as a firecracker across parts of the country. Nineteen cities, mostly in the north central U.S., reported record high temperatures for the date, including Williston ND with a reading of 107 degrees. In the southwestern U.S., highs of 93 at Alamosa, CO, 114 at Tucson, AZ, and 118 at Phoenix, AZ, equalled all-time records for those locations. (The National Weather Summary)

7 hours ago, SACRUS said:

Records:

Highs:

EWR: 105 (1949)
NYC: 102 (1949)
LGA: 100 (1949)
JFK: 101 (2010)

Lows:

EWR: 58 (1945)
NYC: 55 (1986)
LGA: 57 (1940)
JFK: 59 (2021)

Historical:

1776 - Thomas Jefferson paid for his first thermometer, and signed the Declaration of Independence. According to his weather memorandum book, at 2 PM it was cloudy and 76 degrees. (David Ludlum)
1911 - The northeastern U.S. experienced sweltering 100 degree heat. The temperature soared to 105 degrees at Vernon, VT, and North Bridgton ME, and to 106 degrees at Nashua NH, to establish all-time records for those three states. Afternoon highs of 104 at Boston, MA, 104 at Albany, NY, and 103 at Portland, ME, were all-time records for those three cities. (The Weather Channel)

1911: Record temperatures are set in the northeastern United States as a deadly heat wave hits the area that would go on to kill 380 people. In Nashua, New Hampshire, the mercury peaked at 106 degrees. Other high-temperature records were set all over New England during an 11-day period.
1956 - A world record for the most rain in one minute was set at Unionville, MD, with a downpour of 1.23 inches. (The Weather Channel) (The National Severe Storms Forecast Center)
1987 - Thunderstorms around the country provided extra fireworks for Independence Day. Thunderstorms produced wind gusts to 82 mph at Clearwater, KS, eight inches of rain in four hours at Menno SD, and three inches of rain in just fifteen minutes at Austin, KY. Morning thunderstorms drenched Oneonta AL with 8.6 inches of rain, their greatest 24 hour total in thirty years of records. The heavy rain caused mudslides and serious flooding, claiming two lives. (The National Weather Summary) (Storm Data)
1988 - Thunderstorms produced heavy rain over the Central Gulf Coast Region for the second day in a row. Monroe, LA, was deluged with 3.75 inches in two hours. Aberdeen and Rapid City, SD, reported record high temperatures for the date, with readings of 105 degrees. (The National Weather Summary)
1989 - Independence Day was hot as a firecracker across parts of the country. Nineteen cities, mostly in the north central U.S., reported record high temperatures for the date, including Williston ND with a reading of 107 degrees. In the southwestern U.S., highs of 93 at Alamosa, CO, 114 at Tucson, AZ, and 118 at Phoenix, AZ, equalled all-time records for those locations. (The National Weather Summary)

1.23 inches of rain in one minute, incredible

79 / 74. Cloudy and hazy.  Breaks in the clouds heats it up to the upper 80s / low 90s.  Scattered storms - Florida Style  today, and the rest of the weekend, but hazy hot and humid.   Ridge WC (centered in E-CA/NV) - trough into the MW and ridging into the East by way of the Atlantic ridge ballooning to 600 DM.  Overall, warm - hot but strong heat will be limited to a few days as predominant S/SW flow keeps storms popping through the 11-13.  Beyond there heat from the west ejects east and setting up a hotter second half.

7/5 - 7/12 : Humid / Humid storms almost daily (hottest 7/6, 9th)
7/13 beyond : Hotter

GOES16-NE-GEOCOLOR-600x600.gif

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lee59 said:

Newark 3 days in a row the same or less high temperature than Central Park.

South wind- dry park.  SW/W , NW, N flow typical 3-5 degrees contrast. 

The Euro is similar to the SPC HREF next few days. Mid to upper 70s dew points and the potential for locally heavy downpours. Looks like the sea breeze boundaries and pre frontal trough will be the focus for convection and high dew point pooling. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

The Euro is similar to the SPC HREF next few days. Mid to upper 70s dew points and the potential for locally heavy downpours. Looks like the sea breeze boundaries and pre frontal trough will be the focus for convection and high dew point pooling. 

IMG_0321.thumb.png.91ba98855eb977396434b67acb4ac751.png

IMG_0322.thumb.jpeg.58b98eda1f480e03ff7aae3ee94470ef.jpeg

Yup, tomorrow looks the wettest for the area 

• Sad 1