Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This really sucks but summer is pretty much winding down. Mornings already darker, going to really notice the earlier sunsets over the next month, increased likelihood for cool shots. It sucks how short summer is here. 

It’s the end of July. We can’t help the solar aspect. But temps and dews continue. 

That’s like saying winter is over on January 31.

• Like 2

Had a suspected microburst roll through Colchester, VT yesterday. I was up in Grand Isle taking care of the parent’s yard and could see a major storm building to the south- and then saw that the cameras back at the condo had both gone out- so figured we lost power. About 30 minutes later texts started coming in from neighbors and my partner that there were trees down everywhere and traffic was snarled up in Colchester Village.

We got some pretty significant localized damage in about a quarter mile radius near the intersection of Route 2 and 2A. Plenty of activity in this area of town last night with all of the major tree companies in the area in full swing. Spent a few hours yesterday evening helping some neighbors clean up and dispose of tree debris that fell their backyard. Tree workers are here this morning for our association.

A photo of our neighbors’ across from us and a few screengrabs from video I took on a brief ride around before coming home. 

IMG_3507.jpeg

IMG_1074.png

IMG_1073.png

• Like 10

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s the end of July. We can’t help the solar aspect. But temps and dews continue. 

That’s like saying winter is over on January 31.

Ummm, lately winter has a hard time even starting by then.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, grambo said:

Had a suspected microburst roll through Colchester, VT yesterday. I was up in Grand Isle taking care of the parent’s yard and could see a major storm building to the south- and then saw that the cameras back at the condo had both gone out- so figured we lost power. About 30 minutes later texts started coming in from neighbors and my partner that there were trees down everywhere and traffic was snarled up in Colchester Village.

We got some pretty significant localized damage in about a quarter mile radius near the intersection of Route 2 and 2A. Plenty of activity in this area of town last night with all of the major tree companies in the area in full swing. Spent a few hours yesterday evening helping some neighbors clean up and dispose of tree debris that fell their backyard. Tree workers are here this morning for our association.

A photo of our neighbors’ across from us and a few screengrabs from video I took on a brief ride around before coming home. 

IMG_3507.jpeg

IMG_1074.png

IMG_1073.png

Damage!

23 minutes ago, grambo said:

IMG_3507.jpeg

IMG_1074.png

IMG_1073.png

Why an insurance company would insure property next to pine trees is beyond me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Already an acorn disaster. Knew it was gonna be a bad year. Tons of big un’s falling 

Tons of everything this year.  Dews, acorns, heaters, mushrooms, deer flies, floods, bears....  Big Un's!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2