Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

This is what it looks like when it doesn't rain. 80/74. The evil dews are back.

lawn torch.jpg

Gotta be some big local departures cause my lawn is doing great 

edit: saw the photo was from 2015 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Seller 

Yeah I still don’t buy the intensity until we get it inside d5-7. There could still be some decent dew downs even if the punches become more flaccid.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah I still don’t buy the intensity until we get it inside d5-7. There could still be some decent dew downs even if the punches become more flaccid.

We are going to be like +5 for July here.  I’ll need to see it first too before believing.

I looked at the PWATs last night in VT. They weren’t all that unusually high for late July. Slow moving tstms will do that.  

Completely different from the near record breaking PWATs and training in the more recent events. 

• Like 3

I try and do detach myself from the humanitarian side/impacts, due to my love of extreme weather… but it’s been upturning people’s lives lately.

I/We joke about the “covered bridges” pattern but these increased PWATs and moisture rich air masses are just devastating towns, almost one-by-one, in the rolling Vermont hills.

IMG_0352.thumb.jpeg.605d644803619fd8b9e093749c227773.jpeg
IMG_0355.thumb.jpeg.0d7c4badeebf28a566f60eb08f0a75d3.jpeg

• Sad 7

73/73 at local PWS, 73/72 at MVL.

Its tropical outside.  Moisture feeding back from the ground into the atmosphere?  It’s a swamp.

Feeding back on itself.  It rains, it pumps the dews by increasing ground moisture.

Then the sun comes out and it gets hot, the surface steams moisture back into the atmosphere.  The NNE jungle.

IMG_0359.gif.b18dadc689e97765f22680c8d03e899f.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

73/73 at local PWS, 73/72 at MVL.

Its tropical outside.  Moisture feeding back from the ground into the atmosphere?  It’s a swamp.

Feeding back on itself.  It rains, it pumps the dews by increasing ground moisture.

Then the sun comes out and it gets hot, the surface steams moisture back into the atmosphere.  The NNE jungle.

IMG_0359.gif.b18dadc689e97765f22680c8d03e899f.gif

Yep, no doubt at all. I can feel it right now even all the way down here on the cape, practically a half mile from the ocean. That should tell you how thick this airmass is. Summer still has still had some serious gas in the tank and we’re just here for the ride baby, pina coladas in one hand and the other wiping sweat away from our big tooshies! 

Low over night 71F

Currently @ my shop 73/74 , done with this!

Things to look forward to (lol)

August 1 tomorrow

Sunset around 8:06 pm tonight, we are losing 2 minutes of daylight.

My college kid told me his last day is in two weeks, which to me means, time for this swamp ass to go away.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I try and do detach myself from the humanitarian side/impacts, due to my love of extreme weather… but it’s been upturning people’s lives lately.

I/We joke about the “covered bridges” pattern but these increased PWATs and moisture rich air masses are just devastating towns, almost one-by-one, in the rolling Vermont hills.

IMG_0352.thumb.jpeg.605d644803619fd8b9e093749c227773.jpeg
IMG_0355.thumb.jpeg.0d7c4badeebf28a566f60eb08f0a75d3.jpeg

I cannot imagine the amount of petroleum, toxins and pollutants that have been transported and deposited via flooding in Vermont the past few years.

• Like 2