• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

I don't think that has all that much to do with the remnants of Beryl. "Front" which moves through this weekend stalls early in the week and washed out and another weak front comes through mid-week. With at least weak forcing and high theta-e air, we'll see scattered-to-numerous downpours and thunderstorms each day. I would wager the map looks that extreme just because it's not resolving the convection to a smaller scale. 

• Like 2

Just did 18 holes at Shaker Hills ( overrated course ) ... It cleared to open sun at hole 9 and the rest of the way was an incredible sauna.   It felt like the DP had to have been higher than 75 out there, and probably was with irrigation and water hazards dappled around the course works.   Man, the air was tinting blue against distant tree lines and there was no wind.  We found ourselves hunkering in the shade while other people hit. 

Dashboard therm was 88 back in the parking lot but ... 88 over 77 makes the T sort of irrelevant because there's nothing about that that is "88" - -no way.  

91 back down town.  We got anvil debris and towers leaning now

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Just did 18 holes at Shaker Hills ( overrated course ) ... It cleared to open sun at hole 9 and the rest of the way was an incredible sauna.   It felt like the DP had to have been higher than 75 out there, and probably was with irrigation and water hazards dappled around the course works.   Man, the air was tinting blue against distant tree lines and there was no wind.  We found ourselves hunkering in the shade while other people hit. 

Dashboard therm was 88 back in the parking lot but ... 88 over 77 makes the T sort of irrelevant because there's nothing about that that is "88" - -no way.  

91 back down town.  We got anvil debris and towers leaning now

Now there’s a course with an inflated price

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Where does it say X.com?

Look at your link.  The x.com after https.  I tried to change Ken’s in the quote but it didnt work in the quoted.

I think you need to change it before you paste the link in.  Like if I copy that and put it in Notes, change it to Twitter.com, copy and paste that in here then it’ll embed.

It has to do with the X.com vs Twitter.com.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Look at your link.  The x.com after https.  I tried to change Ken’s in the quote but it didnt work in the quoted.

I think you need to change it before you paste the link in.  Like if I copy that and put it in Notes, change it to Twitter.com, copy and paste that in here then it’ll embed.

It has to do with the X.com vs Twitter.com.

Did mine come thru as Steins tweet or did it post as the link? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No it showed as the link and it’s been bothering the hell out of me since the change. 

Yeah, it bothers me too.  So much that I’ll take the extra step to change the link to Twitter.com in my phone’s Notes and then copy/paste to get them to show up.

MVL hit 90F up here it looks like.  Mixed out with slightly lower dews (64-65F) than down south but got a couple extra degrees on the high as a trade off.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah, it bothers me too.  So much that I’ll take the extra step to change the link to Twitter.com in my phone’s Notes and then copy/paste to get them to show up.

MVL hit 90F up here it looks like.  Mixed out with slightly lower dews (64-65F) than down south but got a couple extra degrees on the high as a trade off.

I’ll start doing that. I thought it was still posting as the tweet .

Wondering if the storms in NW CT hold together E of River?

Freakishly powerful positive charge, multi pulsing lightning bombs. 

10 or 12 of them.  The ones I saw blinked 4 or 5 times.  Some the loudness thunder in many years heard. 

• Like 6