Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

Sun finally came out here.  89/73

How much does the lack of rain in certain areas affect localized dewpoints? When a humid air mass blankets the area will places that have seen rain in the past few days end up with higher DP’s or is it negligible and mostly based on the air mass in place?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Belchertown looks like its getting hit good. At least the eastern part 

Just got back from a little chase there, and to get my Lightning washed. Torrential torrents and a few lively bolts. Truck washed. Not a drop yet here in Monson.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Sun finally came out here.  89/73

How much does the lack of rain in certain areas affect localized dewpoints? When a humid air mass blankets the area will places that have seen rain in the past few days end up with higher DP’s or is it negligible and mostly based on the air mass in place?

Areas with more rainfall may certainly see a local boost in the dewpoints. This may become more noticeable during the peak heating cycle when mixing is strongest and dewpoints may mix. But if you have that extra available moisture source, that can help keeps dews up...though I would suspect probably not a heck of a lot more. Lots of other influences as well to consider, terrain, wind direction, theta-e ridging/pooling, if present, etc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

90.3/ 77 This is so awesome out here!

About as hot as it can get at 1k in the woods 

I’ve argued with you in past summers about heat but man, there’s nothing to argue about this year so far.  Just inferno.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1