Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

5 hours ago, klw said:

https://www.wcax.com/2024/07/11/search-underway-lyndonville-driver-swept-away-floodwaters/

3O5HPJ677NDO7J6EHTZZSOLLY4.jpg?auth=03b2

Lyndonville was one of the Vermont communities hit hard by flooding, and a search for a driver who was swept away in high water was underway at noontime.

State officials said in a news briefing Thursday morning that water rescues are ongoing in Lyndonville and they said it was one of the hardest-hit areas in the state.

Our Adam Sullivan said a search was underway at noontime for an elderly man who police say drove through high water on Center Street and was swept away. Crews are searching for him by boat and drone.

The National Weather Service says the area got three to four inches of rain in town. Route 5 in town was left underwater.

Screenshot_20240711_175829_Messages.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This is pretty much peak climo for the heat....now through like the 23rd.

I feel kind of bad for those wanting a hot summer. Just two years ago Boston had 9 days of 90 or above in July. It even hit a hundred. This year none! With the extended looking colder by the minute that ain't happening this year.

Screenshot_20240711_194732_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

July 11 and the usual suspects trying to end what is shaping up to be our hottest and most humid summer on record for all of NE. Folks are beyond desperate . Deez dews getting to them 

Dews lolz! Minor annoyance at best.

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

Today again >125F in California,and fierce heat extending to Utah,Montana and Wyoming and from tomorrow,Colorado.

I thought you lived in Connecticut?

It’s like you are the  Biden of weather here on the board. Not a good look . Time to step out?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They’re trying for anything on a day 10 lol. That they know isn’t recognizing the strength of the WAR

I mean I’m not even talking about Synoptics or even anyone on here… just that local METS are now forced to pimp “relief” as mid-60s lows.

Normal mins right now are 64F at BDL and 62F at ORH.

This new climate regime makes something approaching “normal” summer weather feel like it's some cool crisp Canadian airmass.

”Look at those lows in the 60s!!”

• Like 1