Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

@weatherwiz chasing in NY today?  10% tor probs

No, yearly blood work and working. 

There may be one or two good storms but I'm not overly impressed. 700mb temps warm >10C as the day goes on. IMO, this would be too difficult to chase given coverage of any solid storms should be extremely isolated. You would almost have to setup in the perfect spot and get lucky.

18 hours ago, dendrite said:

image.png

Thinking more on this - I wonder how many of those streaks came with days of <60F dews and <65F night time temps. My guess is most, if not all. 

If you'd don't catch my drift, I'd gladly take that 2002 90F streak, vs today's. 

Today's morning low....76! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I think it’s even north of here.  Have felt that way for past two days.  We are going to get a solid watering of 1+ inches, but the globals have been consistent in highlighting international border and north as the max axis.  The mesoscale models are moving north too.

There will be spot, convective, heavy rain 2”+ footprints as the warm front lifts north…   But where it slows and occludes probably maxes out the synoptic lift in a very moisture rich airmass.

IMG_0172.thumb.png.3a6d795aeb8c292d5b9fe1bab6d42540.png

GYX map has us in the 2-3" color while the above map has us closer to 1/2".  Given the month to date, the much lower total seems likely.  Yesterday we danced around 3 separate TS, 2 svr-warned, with the bright echoes passing within 3-4 miles or less.  We did get a 20-second sprinkle and some rumbles from the non-warned storm.

• Like 1