• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

I’m not super impressed with heat wave signals after about Augie 10. 
We get them sure, but the solar calendar is beyond the max so any 20C 850 is just not going to result the same as it is prior to that ~ escape. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

Lol. Drenching barely north of me and ponding in CON. Missing it all at home. The screw jobs have been relentless. I have parts of my backyard going brown now. I haven’t seen that in my 19 summers there. 

• Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

54 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Lol. Drenching barely north of me and ponding in CON. Missing it all at home. The screw jobs have been relentless. I have parts of my backyard going brown now. I haven’t seen that in my 19 summers there. 

amazing...   That must be excessively localized.

Our lawns are pretty good down here along this end of Rt 2. Both those and open field expanses.   They're doing summer Lacrosse on mainly green. etc...    I was just thinking to my self yesterday that considering June was +5, and July appearing destined to similar, it's interesting that we are so green relative to those departures.  Might expect more summer tanning for getting that warm.   Maybe we've just been luckier down this way.

20 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

amazing...   That must be excessively localized.

Our lawns are pretty good down here along this end of Rt 2. Both those and open field expanses.   They're doing summer Lacrosse on mainly green. etc...    I was just thinking to my self yesterday that considering June was +5, and July appearing destined to similar, it's interesting that we are so green relative to those departures.  Might expect more summer tanning for getting that warm.   Maybe we've just been luckier down this way.

May 2.01”
June 2.49”
July 1.20”

I’m used to getting that in a month…not a season. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dendrite said:

13 years ago today

image.gif

PWM had 100/76 that day, their warmest minimum on record and the daily mean tied Hot Saturday (103/73) for their hottest.

Some thunder and RA+ between 4:30 and 5 this morning, spooking our dog and giving the garden 0.85".  More to come though only DZ at present.  Dews back up after yesterday's low of 45, the month's coolest.  July is now AN for precip with 4.84" thru 7 this morning.  6 of the past 8 months have been AN with both Dec and March setting new marks for precip.  Only Feb (driest of 26 - DJFM was a precip rollercoaster) and April were BN. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Unfortunately the earlier sunset is now noticeable.  With that said, looks quite summery as far as the guidance can see.  I’m hoping for a flip in October.

In the mornings also. We get up around 5 a.m. and the last week we've noticed the change.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

PWM had 100/76 that day, their warmest minimum on record and the daily mean tied Hot Saturday (103/73) for their hottest.

Some thunder and RA+ between 4:30 and 5 this morning, spooking our dog and giving the garden 0.85".  More to come though only DZ at present.  Dews back up after yesterday's low of 45, the month's coolest.  July is now AN for precip with 4.84" thru 7 this morning.  6 of the past 8 months have been AN with both Dec and March setting new marks for precip.  Only Feb (driest of 26 - DJFM was a precip rollercoaster) and April were BN. 

I remember that. I was home recovering from rotator cuff surgery. I was super happy to be missing work, recovering in the A/C for a bit

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

8.91 MTD on my station, though I have questions about it's accuracy at times.  6.53 at KMPV a few miles away.  

KMPV has had 10.56 since June 1st, St. Johnsbury 14.30 and MVL 12.77.  Conversely, Springfield, VT is at .62 for the month and 3.17 since June 1st.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mreaves said:

KMPV has had 10.56 since June 1st, St. Johnsbury 14.30 and MVL 12.77.  Conversely, Springfield, VT is at .62 for the month and 3.17 since June 1st.

All driven by storm cells around here.  People about a mile away have half as much as me, or twice as much as me.  

Precip has been all over the place here during the period Novie to now:
Month   Avg   23-24   Departure    (Boldface denotes a new record here.  July record is 7.91"; I don't think we'll reach that.)
NOV      4.21    2.63    -1.58
DEC      4.74    9.35    +4.61
JAN      3.31    5.47    +2.16
FEB      2.97    0.95    -2.02
MAR     3.68    8.67   +4.99
APR      4.09    3.51    -0.58
MAY     3.86    4.25   +0.39
JUN      5.15    5.74    +0.59
JUL      4.04    4.84    +0.80 as of 7 AM today.  We might add another inch by Friday morning.

Total:  36.05   45.41   +9.36

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

You’re a foul one. Mr. :stein:

animated.gif

It looks like you were surrounded at the end of the loop.  Please tell us it finally got you.

Edit:  I see you have. .30 storm to date.