Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Counting Crows show? 

Yes. They were pretty good. Especially given the fact there was a couple hour delay and the opening act had to get axed. The crowd was bigger than I thought it would be given the weather too. 

IMG_4554.jpeg

IMG_4553.jpeg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

So same as yesterday (every time).  Got it.

Rinse and repeat. 

"

Hi-res guidance from the HREF is in pretty good agreement of timing and strength of storms this afternoon/evening. The best chance for seeing strong to severe winds gusts is across western MA and CT,
where better instability will be available. Storms will weaken as
they move east into eastern MA and RI as they begin losing the
support of daytime heating and run into more stable marine air.
Storms look to enter western MA and CT around 4-6pm and weaken and move offshore between 8
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Rinse and repeat. 

"

Hi-res guidance from the HREF is in pretty good agreement of timing and strength of storms this afternoon/evening. The best chance for seeing strong to severe winds gusts is across western MA and CT,
where better instability will be available. Storms will weaken as
they move east into eastern MA and RI as they begin losing the
support of daytime heating and run into more stable marine air.
Storms look to enter western MA and CT around 4-6pm and weaken and move offshore between 8

Thinking maybe a little further south than yesterday, but not much further east.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You're telling me there is nothing even decent along the CT coast? 

6 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Yes, in all honesty there isn’t. It’s all sheltered by Long Island with no wave action and a bunch of shells and seaweed. I go to Rhode Island 

Hammonasset Beach and Ocean Beach are fantastic if all you want to do is sit in some beautiful sand and people watch.  But if you want to actually go in the water and enjoy some waves, etc...Rhode Island (and east) is the place to go.

(Note Ocean Beach is highway robbery for parking, but they do have excellent facilities - Arcade, mini-golf, volley ball nets, etc...)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, metagraphica said:

Hammonasset Beach and Ocean Beach are fantastic if all you want to do is sit in some beautiful sand and people watch.  But if you want to actually go in the water and enjoy some waves, etc...Rhode Island (and east) is the place to go.

Yes I agree. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There really isn’t. The Long Island Sound off the coast of CT is murky and muddy.  RI beaches are better

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There is a private beach in Clinton, CT (its free for Clinton residents but non-residents its like $50...but that was several years ago) that is pretty decent. Very quiet and relaxing, they have a few shops too open during the summer. 

12 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Pretty good swath of wind damage reports across central NY to northern Mass, SNH into adjacent Maine.

IMG_0262.jpeg.8518054d9506cac1e80485afda45c8e3.jpeg

Our place is near the top of that frame and directly north from the "o" of Lewiston.  We heard some distant rumbles about 9 PM then had 0.28" from 10 to midnight as the juicy stuff passed by to our south.  Garden likes it, however.