Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

14 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Definitely not and I remember you or someone else said recently that the severe weather office really seems to struggle regarding our climatology. Hard to disagree 

Dews increase and MU CAPE increases in ern areas, but not sure we can muster up the srfc instability as timing is late. Definitely one to keep an eye on west of ORH. SNH in the game too.  I guess some activity here wouldn't surprise, but I expect it to be weakening.

1 hour ago, monadnocks said:

So, road trip to St. John and Moncton, NB. St. John is currently 65 and they have a Costco. St. John is not supposed to break 80 in the next 10 days. But bring your Mastercard because Canadian Costcos don't take Visa. The Moncton one gas a gas station. Oh, and for your Costco road trip, you could stop at the one in Scarborough, Maine which also has gas. 

I recently did a trip up to Newfoundland and did hit all four Costcos for gas, snacks, etc. Was a good time. 

My wife and her sister took a whale-watching cruise out of BHB yesterday, and the temp offshore was probably ~60.  Dense fog that condensed on surfaces plus the wind created by the boat's travel had folks dressing like they were on a North Pole expedition.  However, they watched a humpback doing its awesome things, saw an 18-foot basking shark and a mola mola (ocean sunfish) and on the way back, a pod of porpoises, adults and young'uns.  A great trip.

70+  dews happen in October every few years too. 

Only reached 60s here in Oct; our mildest daily minimum in that month is 59.  That said, in 1999 we had dews well into the 70s during the 2nd week of September.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Dews increase and MU CAPE increases in ern areas, but not sure we can muster up the srfc instability as timing is late. Definitely one to keep an eye on west of ORH. SNH in the game too.  I guess some activity here wouldn't surprise, but I expect it to be weakening.

Going to be close at my place.. might try to head west if the line looks good enough won't be home until 7 though ugh

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Going to be interesting.  Only .37" so far this season here.  We have not had one bona fide  thunderstorm this season.  Looking forward to a good storm.  

Take mine, please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Going to be interesting.  Only .37" so far this season here.  We have not had one bona fide  thunderstorm this season.  Looking forward to a good storm.  

Only 0.37” so far this summer?