Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Whenever I try to lightly push off the pain is in the large part of the calf. Definitely not hammy though, it’s in the lower half of the leg. I wish it was though lol

you strained/pulled your calf. don't do anything strenuous, R.I.C.E, and you will be way better in 2 weeks.

been there, done that. Last time I did it so bad I had bruising-around the back of my ankle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

Anyone remember this?

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/misc/AbtDerechos/casepages/jul1995derechopage.htm#:~:text=The Ontario-Adirondacks Derecho of,1995 U.S. dollars in damage.

FB_IMG_1721125554852.jpg

I was 6 at the time. I remember that morning, though it was some years before I could correlate it with the label of the event. I woke up around 6 or 6:30 that morning and wasn't feeling well so I went out to the living room to turn on The Weather Channel. I had the station on for I have no clue how long and there was no weather. My mom then woke up and I asked her...I guess it turned out they had changed the TV station line up that morning or maybe the night before. Anyways, as soon as she finds TWC, first thing I see is them showing the radar and this massive line moving across western Mass.

I am also presenting on this at the TriState Weather Conference at WestConn in September!

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No hyperbole, but likely 70+ dews into September. Just stand out there with open arms in the air..letting the dews take you away. 

So not looking forward to 4 months of fall starting in December 

14 hours ago, kdxken said:

This weather blows. Deer flies are out of control. Slow down for a second and they're on you like white on rice. Video doesn't do it justice.

Reminds me of a high end 3H day on Parks and Lands' Duck Lake Unit, northeast from BGR.  As we bounced along at 15 mph on an old road, the Eastern region forester with me pointed out the window at the large squadron of deer flies pacing the truck and said, "Doesn't that make you eager to get out into the woods?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2