Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

17 minutes ago, HinghamBoss said:

That was an insane storm here.  Some of the most vivid cloud to ground lightning in awhile with quarter sized hail.  Thunderstorm of yore.

Yeah it went to town in Hingham/Cohasset. Looks like it peaked near you on the Cohasset line.

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Just had a bolt from the blue as I was watering. That stuff scares the eff out of you lol.

About 25 years ago a local girl was killed on a softball field by one. It was clear and then a bolt out of the blue struck her. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, mreaves said:

About 25 years ago a local girl was killed on a softball field by one. It was clear and then a bolt out of the blue struck her. 

I was watering and it actually landed just to my south where it was clear. I was like was that a flash and then boom. 

Scorcher today.

Moved my appointment for my leg too next week. Going to give it a week of just rest, ice, and light walking. 

want to give it a chance to heal on its own a bit before i decide if i need extensive medical intervention.

Pain is in large part of calf. No pain around ankle or heel, or bruising. I suspect it is not Achilles 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

This weather blows. Deer flies are out of control. Slow down for a second and they're on you like white on rice. Video doesn't do it justice.

I’ve rarely seen deer flies here in my 18 years, but I haven’t been able to go outside the last few weeks without one landing on me. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’ve rarely seen deer flies here in my 18 years, but I haven’t been able to go outside the last few weeks without one landing on me. 

Yeah we usually don’t have them up here but they are everywhere now.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It’s very bizarre.  We had very few of them last summer here

Also, on a weather not, only managed to get to 87F today. BOX point n click had me at 94 forecast. 

We all knew your sensor wasn’t hitting 90° today.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Scorcher today.

Moved my appointment for my leg too next week. Going to give it a week of just rest, ice, and light walking. 

want to give it a chance to heal on its own a bit before i decide if i need extensive medical intervention.

Pain is in large part of calf. No pain around ankle or heel, or bruising. I suspect it is not Achilles 

My daughter is a certified Athletic Trainer and is now in med school. Her question...

"Can he see his Achilles tendon? Can he push his toes like a gas pedal with his knee fully extended?"

As always, anything on the internet is just a guess.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

tonights GFS run goes out to August first.. hottest month of the year will soon be behind us :thumbsup:

Unfortunately the WAR ain’t going anywhere permanently. Some boughts of coc but I expect first half of Aug to be more of the same sweat bath. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

My daughter is a certified Athletic Trainer and is now in med school. Her question...

"Can he see his Achilles tendon? Can he push his toes like a gas pedal with his knee fully extended?"

As always, anything on the internet is just a guess.

Good for her, congrats, that’s impressive.

i can see it, yes. And I can full extend knee and push toes down like I’m pressing a gas pedal.

Thompson test at urgent care was also negative 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It’s very bizarre.  We had very few of them last summer here

Also, on a weather not, only managed to get to 87F today. BOX point n click had me at 94 forecast. 

It's weird because we usually have plenty of deer flies but I've hardly seen any this year and almost no mosquitos in Greenfield but friends say tons of them down towards Northhampton and Easthampton.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Good for her, congrats, that’s impressive.

i can see it, yes. And I can full extend knee and push toes down like I’m pressing a gas pedal.

Thompson test at urgent care was also negative 

It’s sounds like my injury a couple of years ago. I popped a hammy. 

• Like 1

The deer flies and mosquitoes were a problem in June but have really been cut back with the dry conditions. Actually enjoyed dinner outside on the patio for the first time this summer and had no issues. Perfect weather with a light sea breeze too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

That’s why I didn’t go outside to take pics of the storm to my northwest. RadarScope was throwing out CGs outside of the storm. 

I did just that earlier hoping to catch a few good shots. One of these days my obsession/innate curiosity of nature will probably be the death of me but to me, it’s all worth it in the end lol. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t terrified of the thunder/lightning as a kid and now I practically play with house money during every storm just to get that perfect shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Summer is the worst season here for real.......sister in Roseville CA was complaining how it was 108/55 and I was like "please.....I'd cut my arm off for that".......lol.....fools don't understand that dry heat comes with cool nights cuz the damn dew lets it cool off....fuck this east coast shit......summer sucks