Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Just had a bolt from the blue as I was watering. That stuff scares the eff out of you lol.

Haha what are the friggin odds..I was just out watering some flowers and heard like three quick rumbles that didn’t sound far off. Of course, the day I decide to get out and take care of the plantings is when it looks like a good soaking is about to occur! I think she coming..

IMG_0238.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Snowedin said:

Haha what are the friggin odds..I was just out watering some flowers and heard like three quick rumbles that didn’t sound far off. Of course, the day I decide to get out and take care of the plantings is when it looks like a good soaking is about to occur! I think she coming..

IMG_0238.jpeg

Nah she going. Epic storms for the humpback whales lol.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’ve argued with you in past summers about heat but man, there’s nothing to argue about this year so far.  Just inferno.

Unless there's a significant change, we're working on our warmest July (or any month) since moving here in 1998 and it may not be close.  That said, it's being done without smashing any daily max records here, though the dews are about as nasty as it gets.  It's consistent heat but nothing like last month when we came within 1° of our first 90+ couplet in 22 years.

In a converse way, it's reminding me of February 2015, which broke few daily records while setting the Feb (or all time) coldest month all over New England, by never warming up at all.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Pretty nasty just to my east now. Constant thunder over the water.

Yeah the thunder is pretty much constant. Maybe something will redevelop just to our west to keep things busy this evening. This air mass is so heavy I’d be shocked if we didn’t get some more action a little later.

12 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Was gonna say, looks like it’s back building your way

Watched it happen. The outflow from the storms to my east came in and it blew up. Only grazed with .25” and next town over got nailed.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Watched it happen. The outflow from the storms to my east came in and it blew up. Only grazed with .25” and next town over got nailed.

Quite the cool interaction from the outflows...

CODNEXLAB-NEXRAD-BOX-N0B-20240715-2241-24-100.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1