• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

TS just missed here yesterday afternoon.  My wife drove thru a noisy downpour on the way to BGR to pick up her sister (saw a nice rainbow while parking at the AP), and they hit another one on the way back here.  No issues with the flight, thankfully.

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I was down in Bedford, NH today unloading the largest U-Haul you can rent…helping my sister and brother-in-law move in.  Nice and tropical day to move. Some real nice neighborhoods in there.  Driving back north in Manchester, was surprised at how low the Merrimack River was.  Sand bars and rock bands visible.

The river was lowered for dam/hydroelectric repairs, nothing to do with the weather

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Is this legit for DAW +9.7?

Nearly 3x the normal cooling degree days and only halfway through the month...

Screenshot_20240714_105424_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e6bfa17417cf01e0cde2d93585725f1c.jpg

As some have said, It seems to be running a little warm. But no doubt it’s been a torch.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Is this legit for DAW +9.7?

Nearly 3x the normal cooling degree days and only halfway through the month...

Screenshot_20240714_105424_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e6bfa17417cf01e0cde2d93585725f1c.jpg

We roast around here. It’s generally accurate, I can say based on living and working around here. But I have seen the scatter plots from dendrite. Some skepticism is warranted for a degree or 2.

I believe the bigger story is UHI affects that are concentrated along the east side of the apps and this gets fanned up from Philly, NY, the denser populated areas of CT and MA (sans Boston). It’s poorly understood (to be sure) but DAW is known to CAD on moose farts. I believe we see similarly with WAD but this ageo flow is driven by UHI. I believe the Covid migration and influx of people into northeast MA and SE NH have slightly added to this phenomenon in recent years. 

That’s my untested hypothesis, anyway…

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like a mild down and then it comes back hopefully. Does look like an overall break from the permanent heat and dews before maybe coming back end of the month. 

Yea then climo starts stepping down gradually until we hit 40s and rain in Jan. Great times.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If only summehs weren't so muggy and wet, sure. there’s been a lot of indoor time lately which isn’t any better than a rainy winter. 

Yeah, unless you are at the water or have a pool it's not a lot of fun.  I enjoy hanging outside on the warm evenings though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1