Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

5 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Anyone have this type of injury before?

I popped a hamstring in a club championship golf tournament a few years ago. Heard a pop and it felt like a ball hit the back of my leg. I got  up and tried to take a step forward and went down. Two putted the hole for par but could not really swing great on the next tee. I had to drop out and go to urgent care. They put me in a boot. It didn’t take all that long to heal maybe a few weeks?  The worst part was that I was leading my flight on the second day of the tournament and had to withdraw. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dendrite said:

Looks like DAW will do it today, but I still think it’s running too warm. It’s never consistently hotter than the CON-MHT-ASH corridor. 95° yesterday?
image.gif

MHT and ASH were also >90 today. MHT 92. 

With the next several days guidance showing high probs of >/= 90 in south/east NH, looking likely we extend the streak with an exclamation point. 

8 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

With the next several days guidance showing high probs of >/= 90 in south/east NH, looking likely we extend the streak with an exclamation point. 

I was just wondering a little while ago who in New England has the longest days above 90° streak so far?

10 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Definitely a steinish month here. Although not like MHT area. 

0.3” last night, 0.31”  MTD

7 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Another miserable day here. Wet and muggy.

Either shredded my calf or tore my Achilles on Thursday night playing softball. Loud pop and instant pain.

Anyone have this type of injury before? Went to urgent care and they performed a “Thompson test” and my foot still responded, so NP said unlikely Achilles. I’m still skeptical it’s not that because I can’t hear weight at al or push off.

have appointment with ortho on Tuesday.

2 hours ago, rimetree said:

Just dumping right now. This was the sky about 25 minutes ago.
6351db7791ab9d4e9ed57847611d421f.jpg

2 hours ago, Supernovice said:

Just missed us to the north from Jenness Beach

E9CC77BA-4D94-4DFF-850D-AC367EFF116A.jpeg

Fantastic pics from both of you.  I love summer storm cloud pictures and this season I have not had many opportunities. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

Woof, only 0.07" today. Up to a whopping 0.39" MTD.

Depending on how this week shakes out we should see the abnormally dry areas expand quite a bit on the next update.  My area is already in the yellow but not noticeable yet with the vegetation etc.  Local rivers are low though.

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

I’m sure we would have been fine sharing some of the bounty we received this week with others. 

I was down in Bedford, NH today unloading the largest U-Haul you can rent…helping my sister and brother-in-law move in.  Nice and tropical day to move. Some real nice neighborhoods in there.  Driving back north in Manchester, was surprised at how low the Merrimack River was.  Sand bars and rock bands visible.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I was down in Bedford, NH today unloading the largest U-Haul you can rent…helping my sister and brother-in-law move in.  Nice and tropical day to move. Some real nice neighborhoods in there.  Driving back north in Manchester, was surprised at how low the Merrimack River was.  Sand bars and rock bands visible.

Probably sweated a lot, need to replenish with some ice cold beers.

11 hours ago, jbenedet said:

CON also hit 90 again yesterday.

current day streak 90+

DAW: 10

MHT: 9

CON: 8

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

CON also hit 90 again yesterday.

current day streak 90+

DAW: 10

MHT: 9

CON: 8

DAW is +9.7 for July.. haha

Supposedly that sensor is running warm?

Average July temp of 80.2 degrees.. Even if it's off a degree or two that is some historic heat up there..

Screenshot_20240714_062931_Chrome.jpg

month_07__year_2024__station_DAW__network_NH_ASOS__dpi_100.png