Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Nice summer evening.  Just got back from the river with the kiddo and the wind and water were delightful. 

See. Memories are made in the summer. It’s the best season and one that doesn’t disappoint now unlike winter. I’m so becoming a warminista.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

I am visiting your subforum (from my mid atlantic home). I am on the shore of moosehead lake, and I hope it rains extremely hard tonight and washes out the gravel road I'm back several miles deep on. I will then be stuck here, which is great, as I am a climate refugee from my near-DC home where it is always 100° this time of year. Incidentally, some locals up here were discussing how this heat is atypical this time of year. Y'all have it nice up here in the summer. Nice view from atop Mt. Kineo this morning.

PXL_20240710_135536264.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

46 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Muscle or tendon injury?

Not sure, guessing it is related to the back issue which happened last December. We went outside to play and outside for 2 seconds…he did his happy jump and twisted and went down screaming. He has zero movement or control of his back legs. He dragged himself across the yard and kept trying to stand up but flopping over. I was home by myself so a friend came over to help carry him in the car. 

• Sad 6

4 minutes ago, Paleocene said:

I am visiting your subforum (from my mid atlantic home). I am on the shore of moosehead lake, and I hope it rains extremely hard tonight and washes out the gravel road I'm back several miles deep on. I will then be stuck here, which is great, as I am a climate refugee from my near-DC home where it is always 100° this time of year. Incidentally, some locals up here were discussing how this heat is atypical this time of year. Y'all have it nice up here in the summer.

PXL_20240710_135536264.jpg

Glad you are here and hopefully you are stranded there for weeks at least after the washout . Enjoy! 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Not sure, guessing it is related to the back issue which happened last December. We went outside to play and outside for 2 seconds…he did his happy jump and twisted and went down screaming. He has zero movement or control of his back legs. He dragged himself across the yard and kept trying to stand up but flopping over. I was home by myself so a friend came over to help carry him in the car. 

I’m so praying he just tweaked something.   

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I’ve had over 3” since 6:00. 

Man, the totals between your area and Williamstown are like 3-5” in short order.

We just crossed over 1” here.  Been more of a steadier soaking rain without anything extreme.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not one piece of guidance supports that slight mild down over NE

What do you suppose the climate prediction folks are looking at? Those doofuses are probably still using those chart thingies. Think you should give them a call?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2