• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

Sadly our old yipper doesn’t share my love of the glorious, breezy sauna that has overtaken us in recent days. Shes totally ready for her fifth nap of the day followed by some senior approved slop only she could appreciate.

IMG_0231.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Steined again on that last cell and looks almost dry for tomorrow now.

Thought we were getting the same after dodging three TS yesterday.  Today, one group edged to the north and a 2nd one appeared to be staying south - until it began moving more to the northeast.  We've had RA/RA+ since just before 4 and from 15 yards thru the rain it looks like about 0.6" in the gauge.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I periodically find this in various areas of flowerbeds every summer. I’ve typically thought it was from an animal vomiting but I’m wondering if it’s some kind of fungus or mushroom. Does anyone else get this and know what it is?

13qqAzu.jpeg

Dog vomit slime mold?

• Like 1

It’s finch city out there this evening..can’t believe how many goldfinches and purple finches have been visiting since early in the spring. It’s gotta be one of those odd years where they all seem to arrive at the same time or perhaps just more have taken up residence around here. Either way, very cool to see!

IMG_0857.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Long gone now. More like squishes and Ffffttttttt now.

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

We haven’t had many whooshes in the last decade. 

End of July last year into the first week of August was a whoosh

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I get it almost every year. I always have thought bear or bobcat vomit. It’s powdery though. So I’m wondering if it’s a fungus . Surely others have seen this 

Not technically a fungi.

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I periodically find this in various areas of flowerbeds every summer. I’ve typically thought it was from an animal vomiting but I’m wondering if it’s some kind of fungus or mushroom. Does anyone else get this and know what it is?

13qqAzu.jpeg

Yes, I have the same thing in Pennsylvania. I don't know what it is. First time I have seen it. I thought it was some sort of insect nest.