• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

I opened all the windows last night and used window fans for the first time in 2 years.  Really got the fresh air into the house knowing the humidity would be up the next few days.  Got the temp to a really nice level overnight and shut the windows up this morning when I got.  Closed the blinds too for while I was at work.

Got home and thought the house was warmer and stickier than I expected and then immediately saw the one window I had missed closing this morning.  Grr.

Still pretty comfortable, especially compared to outside.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Now this is summer right here. Cloud-to-cloud lightning across the sky with hot, soupy air. This is what we want 

Today was fun.. had a really close strike.. looked like a funnel wanted to form in hubbardston.. I got a video but won't post here..  and now closing in on 4 inches of rain for the day .. after the other days rain were beyond saturated 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ineedsnow said:

Today was fun.. had a really close strike.. looked like a funnel wanted to form in hubbardston.. I got a video but won't post here..  and now closing in on 4 inches of rain for the day .. after the other days rain were beyond saturated 

Long duration rumbling but nothing earth shattering, good drink though. Hopefully some more tomorrow. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Where in Templeton are you? Relative to the radar qpf max.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wagons north on HRRR. That run sucks. Boring. Was hoping we can flood the whites. 

Congrats 2nd Lake and Boundary Pond. Maybe we can take out an off the grid shack.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Wagons north on HRRR. That run sucks. Boring. Was hoping we can flood the whites. 

I think it’s even north of here.  Have felt that way for past two days.  We are going to get a solid watering of 1+ inches, but the globals have been consistent in highlighting international border and north as the max axis.  The mesoscale models are moving north too.

There will be spot, convective, heavy rain 2”+ footprints as the warm front lifts north…   But where it slows and occludes probably maxes out the synoptic lift in a very moisture rich airmass.

IMG_0172.thumb.png.3a6d795aeb8c292d5b9fe1bab6d42540.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I think it’s even north of here.  Have felt that way for past two days.  We are going to get a solid watering of 1+ inches, but the globals have been consistent in highlighting international border and north as the max axis.

There will be spot, convective, heavy rain 2”+ footprints as the warm front lifts north…   But where it slows and occludes probably maxes out the synoptic lift in a very moisture rich airmass.

IMG_0172.thumb.png.3a6d795aeb8c292d5b9fe1bab6d42540.png

This is what I’m hoping for. We don’t need any extra flood memories.