Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Euro's attempting to end summer in 10 days

Sounds good! FL puts up with today’s weather from May to the end of October; we can take a 3-4 days of HHH and the. Back to seasonal 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Just signed up for pest control and they’ll be coming every few months to spray for spiders. I shall never see spiders inside again muhahahaha

You could do that yourself; I bought a container of WP Demon and do it a couple times a year and the stuff works great. Cost me $100 for the Demon and Sprayer and I've been using it for 5 years and still have half left.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Sounds good! FL puts up with today’s weather from May to the end of October; we can take a 3-4 days of HHH and the. Back to seasonal 

Damn hot down there now. I have a friend in Tampa right on the water but even he admitted it was too hot today. 96/77

• Like 2

Cooking in Las Vegas as well - 118°. Weirdly my first trip there was in 1989 and set a bunch of records. I spent the first 2 weeks of july in Arizona, California and Nevada. I couldn't understand how anyone wanted to live there.

Screenshot_20240707_063931_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Modfan2 said:

Weird fact, it's never hit 100° in Tampa.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

SNE will be see first 80-83 late this week Wed- Sat frame 

I know it’s real in the yards with PWS, but I want those high dews at an ASOS.  If I experience like mid-80s dews, my barometer is that it’s from an official station.  It just hits differently.

If an ASOS is well into the 80s, your home station would probably like 88F :lol:.

31 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I know it’s real in the yards with PWS, but I want those high dews at an ASOS.  If I experience like mid-80s dews, my barometer is that it’s from an official station.  It just hits differently.

If an ASOS is well into the 80s, your home station would probably like 88F :lol:.

Well the tarmacs and heat from the planes and pavement lower them just like the trees and lawns elevate . So it’s all a product of the environment. All the sensors are the same . 

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well the Mac’s and pavement lower them just like the trees and lawns elevate 

Yeah for sure, totally get it. I’ve just always associated my “real feel” to whatever the nearest ASOS dews are.  It’s definitely higher where I am (not on an airstrip) but it’s my personal barometer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When are we expecting the low dews to hit ? Asking for a friend that watches channel 8 in CT . 
06CgfwV.png

My guess is they use either the GFS or HRRR. NAM doesn’t agree at all and keeps the dews sticky tomorrow. I’m not gonna act like I know what model is best at dewpoints so I guess we can find out tomorrow lol

image.thumb.png.853ddd726fdd66b2ed3728bae86a00e5.png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

118/21 is hard to wrap one’s head around.

It’s so ridiculously hot.  But the dew is 21F.  3-4% RH is hard to fathom for us NE folks.

My lips are cracking just thinking about it.