Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

25 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Euro/gfs have an "89" type severe threat ~D10 :wub:

I'll be in Spain so lock it in.

There has been a consistent EML signal on the GFS for early next week for the last couple days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

My first weather memory is the '89 Hamden F4. Tingles.

One of the best childhood storms I can remember, and it was FMH cape cod. It was later at night but there was incredible lightning, pea size hail, 50mph gusts.  1 hours worth

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What a day. Summers are made for this.

Won’t lie, it was something to feel.  Took a good 45 minute walk with the wife and dog along the Quiet Path (no bikes, all dogs allowed off leash, along the river)…  it was a literal sauna out in the valley cornfields along the waterway.

The wet ground, standing water in areas (forest and fields), and soil soaked deep just pumps the low level moisture levels.

It was a sauna outside today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Won’t lie, it was something to feel.  Took a good 45 minute walk with the wife and dog along the Quiet Path (no bikes, all dogs allowed off leash, along the river)…  it was a literal sauna out in the valley cornfields along the waterway.
The wet ground, standing water in areas (forest and fields), and soil soaked deep just pumps the low level moisture levels.

Started off that way up here, but dried out quite a bit after about 3…until the rains came back a couple hours ago.

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It was the first time I can ever recall walking out of our (modestly air conditioned) house and my sunglasses instantly fogging up.  We peaked around 4pm at 88/74, full tropics feel.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

We summer 

IMG_5083.jpeg

• Like 16

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

There was definitely a fropa through the region, but it only knocked 850s back about 2C and sfc dews down about 5F. So not much relief and hard to even call it a mild down.

Yeah we got down to 64F last night and the dews are down about 5F from yesterday so far today.  But instead of sauna it’s now just humid.