Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
July 2024 Observations and Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

1.06” from the morning storm. Sunny, steamy late morning and afternoon ahead. Enjoy the pool @Ginx snewx

Hopefully.  It is overflowing lol. Your twisted enjoyment of rainy wet muck is the summer equivalent of I Need Snows enjoyment of dark cloudy days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Holy shit. Literally ending up with just some drops from this. 

Now after the another .8 over 10 inches since Met summer.  Garden loves it hopefully no fungi on the weed plants.

Screenshot_20240706_091947_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Holy shit. Literally ending up with just some drops from this. 

haha yeah :stein:is real but not spectacular. 0.01” here. ~4” since May 1. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Holy shit 20.64 here

I sort of chuckled earlier in the week when news was making a big deal of how much rain W/C CT was getting; I’m thinking has anyone looked at Eastern CT and how wet it has been??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It’s been ugly. Last 60 days and this is only ending 12z yesterday.

image.jpeg

you're paying dues for that mega snow strike back in 2021 while the rest of us were relatively screwed.  

Last year was like this...  We had something line 20" of rain through mid August or more here in town.  Then there was that 9" rain bomb next door in Fitchburg and Leomenster...   but it was apparently localized.  There wasn't nearly a pan-dimensional anomaly as much as there were individual counties that were way above.   I often scratched head as to why there wasn't more flooding issues ( though the flashing and road scouring event in Leomenster is noted)  - perhaps it was related to less than unilateral distribution into water sheds/river basins?

Just fractals.   I don't see why Brian has to necessarily be left out to date, otherwise.  Just randomly repeating aspect that looks organized ... until it doesn't.  muah hahaha.    The models are flirting with a stalled subtropical conveyor look, with training potential.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It’s been ugly. Last 60 days and this is only ending 12z yesterday.

image.jpeg

I’m not joking. Gypsy moth infestation will hit that area this coming spring. We’ve lived it here. That’s how it happens. They coming for trees near you 

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, tunafish said:

Was thinking this yesterday, too.  Had to check.  Last time a precip event yielded >0.50" was on April 4, and that was snow.

Must've just missed.  PWM recorded 1.92" for June 22-24, with 0.82"/0.31"/0.79".

Missed out on yesterday's storms here as the best chance died over Farmington.  Finally started raining about 7:30 this morning. 
Yesterday's 48-hr RA forecast for here was 0.5-1".  24 dry hours later it's .01-0.25.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dendrite said:

4.53” here going back to April

Definitely near the center of it there. I'm around 6" since May 1 and 10" since April 1. 

Had more last July alone than April 1 through today

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Now after the another .8 over 10 inches since Met summer.  Garden loves it hopefully no fungi on the weed plants.

Screenshot_20240706_091947_Chrome.jpg

That was Greenfield and Franklin county last summer.  Glad a lot of the moisture is staying S of the Pike this year.