• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
Summer 2024 rain hunt

dailylurker

This thread is for non severe weather. Here we focus on our chances for showers and thunderstorm. It's not about severe. It's about potential rain totals. Wind, hail, tornadoes talk stays in the severe weather thread. It's not super serious. Banter and venting frustrations over being screwed over is allowed here. 

• Like 3

Here you go Dailylurker:

This morning, we wake up to more dry weather complete with very low humidity and low dew points.

The new normal around here over the past 20-30 years has been to take a period of abnormally dry and very very quickly replace it with very very wet.

Today's 6z GFS hints at this possibility as we head into the first 10 days of July.

It is fitting around Southeastern Pennsylvania to end a dry drought like with flooding rains.  I am going to put this possibility out there on today, Friday, June 28th. 

July 7th:

GFS Model – MSLP & Precip (Rain/Frozen) for CONUS | Tropical Tidbits

July 10th: 

I think someone said yesterday, next we look for the drought busting tropical system it may not be far off base actually with a stalled boundary.

We shall see!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Here you go Dailylurker:

This morning, we wake up to more dry weather complete with very low humidity and low dew points.

The new normal around here over the past 20-30 years has been to take a period of abnormally dry and very very quickly replace it with very very wet.

Today's 6z GFS hints at this possibility as we head into the first 10 days of July.

It is fitting around Southeastern Pennsylvania to end a dry drought like with flooding rains.  I am going to put this possibility out there on today, Friday, June 28th. 

July 7th:

July 10th: 

I think someone said yesterday, next we look for the drought busting tropical system it may not be far off base actually with a stalled boundary.

We shall see!

I also noticed that wet trend. I own a business that washes commercial and residential buildings. We use a lot of water. Water restrictions could be bad for business. I'm also a gardener and someone who just loves nature. I hate to see plants and animals being stressed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

12z gfs slows the front down again and bullseyes the metro area Sunday. GGEM also slows it down but still has precip (lighter precipitation) east of 95 mostly.

Happy hour says nah

• Sad 1