• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Sunday, June 23, 2024 Convective Thread

weatherwiz

Gettin’ a bit excited about the severe potential up here in the northern CPV… took the dog out for a walk this morning around 9:30AM in the Colchester area and the day had a nasty feel about it already. Felt like a pretty juicy surface atmosphere (especially with all that early morning rain) with the humidity and gusty winds. 

First severe T-Storm warning just popped up for Addison County as I am writing from a cluster that popped up over the High Peaks region in the ADKs.

Edit: Radar indicated rotation with the storm per Tyler Jankowski. Addison County does seem to be the dominant area for possible Tornados in VT.

Might go up to the parents house in South Hero later for better views later on today after my SO gets home from her 20mi run and I’m relieved from standby duty, haha.

• Like 2

CAMs all say central VT (and some of central NH) is the sweet spot today, just a bit too far N for me - although I would certainly travel that distance if the terrain were flat and chaseable, but it just ain't. So probably will monitor trends and only go out if something really interesting develops closer to here in far SNE, which is not looking likely. It's especially annoying as I am going to be spending a few days starting on Tuesday right in the bullseye in central VT, but you can't choose the timing of a severe day. Good luck to Wiz and anyone else actually chasing.

Left Ayer at 8:45 this morning in a mist at 62 F ...  wipers on delay, all the way to down to Worcester on I-91.  But the temp crept up along the way to 66 or so when I got to Goldstart Highway...  I turned up Rt 9 and climbed the long hill, and by the time I got to Marshal Street/Pyramid Disk Golf at 1100' el, it was 71 - testament to how shallow the cool murk was.  The region was enshrouded in this 'smoke fog' - the difference between fog and actual cloud vapors. And it was dense...vis about 400 ft, the breeze was blowing plumes of it through the air. It was interesting. I'm pretty sure the warm front was right there.   Left and went S of the City by 10 more miles and it was 78.   

Got back home to Ayer 2.5 hour later and it was 81/77  ... now it is 87/77 with more sun than clouds.   

• Like 2