Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Sunday, June 23, 2024 Convective Thread

weatherwiz

2 minutes ago, andyhb said:

Wonder if that cell gets a boost as it comes down into the Merrimack Valley, which would not be ideal for Manchester.

from what I’ve seen, the boost happens after they pass through MHT. that’s when the SE NH area gets plastered.

14 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

The natural disaster risk that has increased the most around here in recent years is fresh water flooding. That’s something worth worrying about…

Forget the tornado, worry about the rain that’s coming with the spin-up.

Completely agree.  I live in Plymouth, VT on 100A.  We lost our grocery store in Ludlow on 7/10/23.  It’s been a 45 minute drive one way to Rutland for groceries for the past year.  House almost flooded. Route 100 was devastated as were roads around Killington.  Hurricane Irene did a number of the same area as well.  I do worry about the number of trees that will come down and the ensuing weeks without power when 1938 comes back. 

• Like 1

Just now, jbenedet said:

Man that southern cell when it gets toward coastal plain should be really interesting. No mountain disruptions on the Great Bay….

Could be an interesting ride on 101. 

8 minutes ago, Skivt2 said:

Completely agree.  I live in Plymouth, VT on 100A.  We lost our grocery store in Ludlow on 7/10/23.  It’s been a 45 minute drive one way to Rutland for groceries for the past year.  House almost flooded. Route 100 was devastated as were roads around Killington.  Hurricane Irene did a number of the same area as well.  I do worry about the number of trees that will come down and the ensuing weeks without power when 1938 comes back. 

Thankfully 1938 was at least a 1 in 400 year storm based on available data. The last storm of that magnitude was in 1635. So odds are very high that we will never experience something that severe in any of our lifetimes.