• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Sunday, June 23, 2024 Convective Thread

weatherwiz

Unbelievably, I can't seem to transfer any chase pics from my newish Moto Stylus G5 phone to my newish high-end laptop computer. It used to be so easy with my old setup. Now I'm forced to use some Microsoft garbage utility that simply tells me it can't transfer files, for reasons unknown. And I can't load the pics directly from my phone to the forum because they take up too much memory, I need to downsize the file first, which I only know how to do from my computer. So no pics from me for the moment. Can't frickin believe I can't do a simple file transfer... 

1 minute ago, ct_yankee said:

Unbelievably, I can't seem to transfer any chase pics from my newish Moto Stylus G5 phone to my newish high-end laptop computer. It used to be so easy with my old setup. Now I'm forced to use some Microsoft garbage utility that simply tells me it can't transfer files, for reasons unknown. And I can't load the pics directly from my phone to the forum because they take up too much memory, I need to downsize the file first, which I only know how to do from my computer. So no pics from me for the moment. Can't frickin believe I can't do a simple file transfer... 

One pretty easy workaround is to install google photos and set it to back them up to the google photos site.  Once setup you can go there on a computer and download them.

25 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I think today went pretty exactly as expected. 

I thought it would be more active with a few more mesos and a few Tors even though lapse rates aloft sucked. But the two or three that formed were longer track and had good structure.  Those SPC probs were bullish. 

10 minutes ago, ct_yankee said:

20240623_204316.gif

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I thought it would be more active with a few more mesos and a few Tors even though lapse rates aloft sucked. But the two or three that formed were longer track and had good structure.  Those SPC probs were bullish. 

I thought we would at least see a confirmed tornado or two as well. But I think the premise of everything worked. We were really only going to see several cells that really had potential. 

That initial stuff west of Vermont I think went up a bit too early and it prevented better heating. I remember seeing mesoanalysis only showing like 1000…maybe 1500 MLCAPE at the time. If there had been 1500-2000 it would have been different. 

But we all know/knew what the lack of EML meant in this setup. I always find these setups intriguing though because sometimes they will produce and sometimes they won’t. And that’s what really drives my interests in Convective weather because what really is that differentiator? 

• Like 3