• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Sunday, June 23, 2024 Convective Thread

weatherwiz

Back home in Springfield. After the storm passed in Brattleboro, I elected to go south and try and get to BDL for the cell coming into Connecticut. I debated on following that storm across southern New Hampshire, but not familiar with the road network and I always prefer to be at a spot setup ahead of storms rather than following them. 

Unfortunately, I was not going to make that cell into Hartford and as soon as I pull into my driveway it gets the TOR. Second day in a row the strongest rotation is over West Hartford lol. 

Fun storm though...had a barrage of CGs and loud thunder and three seconds of hail. I was thinking of going to Chesterfield and I saw there was a 1.50'' hail report.  

28 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

It's Mike Haddad's big moment here.

All of Grafton County NH was recently taken out of the S NH/Boston viewing area and put in the Burlington VT/Plattsburgh viewing area so with cable or streaming we can no longer watch NH only station WMUR.  Arrgghh

First thunderstorm of the day approaching 66/64F highest so far today.  

Just got back from a very successful little chase, managed to intercept 2 supercells in a short amount of time. First I watched the Poughkeepsie to Hartford cell from somewhere near Rocky Hill. The storm was tornado warned at the time and looked gorgeous! I had a clear view of the updraft base - for once no precip there - and although I didn't see a lot of rotation in the wall cloud it had really nice structure, a classic New England supercell in every way. Will try to post a pic shortly. Then on the way back I got a quick look at the southern storm as I was nearing New Haven. That cell was already outflow dominant, and it practically withered away under my gaze due to the malign marine influence that we all know and love so well here beside the Sound... But the trip was totally worth it, the Hartford cell was the best I've seen in years. Glad I stuck around (mostly), I don't think I could have done any better by going way north.

• Like 5