• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Sunday, June 23, 2024 Convective Thread

weatherwiz

People in NH need to relax. The warm front is moving north. We were always supposed to be wedged in the morning. It’s an afternoon/early evening deal. If it’s still 65/65 here at 4pm maybe I’ll be concerned. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Well I am probably going to go to Walpole, NH to at least start but I will most likely probably have to head northeast from there but can assess once stuff starts popping up. Probably end up near Laconia or maybe slightly east.

Watch this end up being further south in Central Western Ma

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Thinking of Lebanon as my starting point. Access to a good road network is foremost in my mind for this one. Could start further south though depending on trends.

Maybe I’ll see you there. Of course I’m just going down for my monthly BJ’s Wholesale Club run. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Well I am probably going to go to Walpole, NH to at least start but I will most likely probably have to head northeast from there but can assess once stuff starts popping up. Probably end up near Laconia or maybe slightly east.

Good luck finding a spot with a west view. Maybe on the east side of lake.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Go inside. Get yourself some well priced liquor. Pound some shots down in the NHMS parking lot. And enjoy a PDS one way or another. 

Heh... I would have a few, but I'm driving today. Going to enjoy the day regardless of what happens though.

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

I don't think there is going to be much activity but there may be a window between like 5-8 PM for activity to develop across western CT as there is some shortwave energy approaching. Showers may start popping during the afternoon but they will struggle to intensify given the capping and weak forcing. 

Great news. Lets shutout the storms in CT so afternoon golf is uninterrupted. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteLawns said:

What’s with all the wagons north stuff? The Spc moved the enhanced zone further south overnight. Was that a bad move by them?

I was a little shocked to see the enhanced expanded south some given the trends through the day yesterday and 0z guidance. But all the ingredients are there so I can see why it was expanded. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

wasn’t 6-9-53 fog & drizzle in the morning until warm front moved north?

We had an EML in place that day though. Comparing any other severe weather event in New England to 6-9-53 is like comparing a severe weather event in the Southeast to 4-27-11. We may never see either one of those setups again in our lifetimes.

5 minutes ago, ChangeofSeasonsWX said:

We had an EML in place that day though. Comparing any other severe weather event in New England to 6-9-53 is like comparing a severe weather event in the Southeast to 4-27-11. We may never see either one of those setups again in our lifetimes.

I didn't compare the result... I simply compared the morning surface conditions.

4 minutes ago, ChangeofSeasonsWX said:

I remember reading that a frozen mattress fell from the sky in Weymouth from that tornado. I have a hard time believing that, but that Worcester tornado was pretty incredible, so who knows.

12 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I was a little shocked to see the enhanced expanded south some given the trends through the day yesterday and 0z guidance. But all the ingredients are there so I can see why it was expanded. 

Sun just came out here in E CT, almost 2 hours earlier than yesterday; we destabilize 

• Like 1