• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 16th-21st (and beyond?) Heatwave

54 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

According to my watch it’s 92. 92 with cloudy sky’s is kinda nutty and interesting

I have been riding my bike every morning 10-12, and with the cloud cover, yesterday and today didn't feel bad at all. Of course the sun peeked out towards the end and man what a difference, went from what felt like 80 to 90+.

4 hours ago, Powerball said:

DTW eventually did achieve a late day high of 91*F yesterday, as it seems the cloud debris finally thinned some.

Today is the one day of the stretch that is at risk of not hitting 90, I know they have 89 tomorrow but I think height rises will cap off storms tomorrow. If we do hit 90 today we could have a nice run at 90+.

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

Today is the one day of the stretch that is at risk of not hitting 90, I know they have 89 tomorrow but I think height rises will cap off storms tomorrow. If we do hit 90 today we could have a nice run at 90+.

Sun is definitely out a lot more than it was last two days. I agree should possibly make a run. Also will see how this afternoons convection is supposed to be. Mind as well keep the streak going.

6 hours ago, Powerball said:

DTW eventually did achieve a late day high of 91*F yesterday, as it seems the cloud debris finally thinned some.

Unfortunately it did. It was cloudy ALL day, so i thought, its not TOO bad with the clouds, so I went to my nephews baseball game. Sure enough, as we are headed there at 530pm, the overcast thins and the sun comes out :cry:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SolidIcewx said:

Sun is definitely out a lot more than it was last two days. I agree should possibly make a run. Also will see how this afternoons convection is supposed to be. Mind as well keep the streak going.

Might be a photo finish for 90*F today. Currently 89*F at DTW now, but some Altostratus has filled in per satellite and Convection is starting to initiate just to the SW.

10 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Might be a photo finish for 90*F today. Currently 89*F at DTW now, but some Altostratus has filled in per satellite and Convection is starting to initiate just to the SW.

I’m noticing that to my SW. got a nice batch of cumulus in the past 20-30 mins. Hoping for one to pop by me so I can rain out haha

1 hour ago, Powerball said:

DTW did in fact snag an intra-hour 90*F.

Convection is blowing up all around the vicinity now, so in all likelihood, that will be the max for today.

1 minute ago, Powerball said:

Convection is blowing up all around the vicinity now, so in all likelihood, that will be the max for today.

Yeah I watched that storm blow up over the downtown. Pretty neat how rapid it happens

59 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Guess I was wrong. Convection to the SW of the airport fell apart and didn't produce much debris.

Up to 92*F now as of the 2pm observation.

8 minutes ago, Baum said:

looking forward to the low 80's next week per current LOT extended.

it was a nice early summer heat wave for sure but the death ridge the euro was selling in the mid range didn't pan out

still hard to argue with those calling for big heat later in the summer but old trends die hard these days

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

it was a nice early summer heat wave for sure but the death ridge the euro was selling in the mid range didn't pan out

still hard to argue with those calling for big heat later in the summer but old trends die hard these days

This was a nice banking of a bunch of 90s early, will have a big number this year.

2 hours ago, Powerball said:

Skies look to be clearing for DTW now, and the ongoing elevated convection looks to be on a downward trend.

The late June sun angle should do its thing for the afternoon with heating temps up.

According to my watch just hit 90 of the far NE side of the city 

1 hour ago, SolidIcewx said:

According to my watch just hit 90 of the far NE side of the city 

DTW's likely going to fall short, as more convection percolated to the SW of the airport ans moved overhead.

3 hours ago, Powerball said:

Skies look to be clearing for DTW now, and the ongoing elevated convection looks to be on a downward trend.

The late June sun angle should do its thing for the afternoon with heating temps up.

Once the sun came out, today feels the hottest and most uncomfortable of the week. Must be more humidity today than the past few days.

I just realized that FWA set a record for the warmest lows for four nights in a row from Monday through Thursday, with temps never getting below 70.

Yesterday morning got down to 69 and this morning's low was 72, but 1988 said "Hi."

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

DTW peaked at 88 today, so the consecutive say streak ends at 4, although tomorrow will be in the 90s too.

Mon- 95

Tue- 90

Wed- 91

Thu- 92

Fri- 88

This was also the longest 90*F+ streak DTW has seen since July 2020...

• Haha 1