• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 16th-21st (and beyond?) Heatwave

My TWN point for tomorrow still has 95F/36C as the hottest day, however what stood out on this cycle was for this week there are 5 days of chance of strong storms - maybe among the highest number generated here but def a dream pattern. The other is my low doesn't drop below 19C for the next 7 days with 5 being above 20C!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo6899 said:

6 days in a row in the mid 90's north of detroit. Don't recall the last time we've had this long of a stretch, albeit my memory is terrible.

It’s really hard to do because even if the air mass stays warm enough, the surface heat often gets interrupted by convection or convective debris. I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens this time after midweek. 

8 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

Death ridge down to 2 or 3 low 90s

TWC's bullish on the cloud cover for Tuesday and Wednesday. If there's going to be a lack of sunshine of those couple of days, they might as well lower their highs.

3 hours ago, roardog said:

It’s really hard to do because even if the air mass stays warm enough, the surface heat often gets interrupted by convection or convective debris. I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens this time after midweek. 

True but the heat waves I do remember have stayed dry with low humidity. This time around the dew point looks to be higher with a chance of rain.

Last 15 or so of the five minutes from KIND have been 90/68/94. Will have to see if it rounds down later on and draws the ire of the Dayton dude.

Is it warm out? Yes. Is it hot out, I suppose so if you are not acclimated to the strong sunshine. I do not believe it is dangerous hot though, at least here.

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

probably the trio-combo of wind, lack of humidity, and heat indices only slightly higher than the actual temp.

I agree. Yesterday with the dews in the 60's, it was one thing. Today with the dews in the 70's it feels like a different ballgame here.

• Like 1

My high was lowered today to 33C, I don't trust my station nor the obs for Hanover so I split and estimate I'm at 31C currently. This morning was great, still windy as usual. Places south like K-W really aren't that hot as a MCS came through at noon so til 230pm they were still at 24C!! Couldn't believe that. This is lame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nwohweather said:

96 and climbing here in Toledo. Might be a bit too muggy to hit 100, we'll see but I think we stop at 98

Northwest Ohio and adjacent areas of Indiana always do well with the heat. I think it's the low elevation - almost like a depression extending from Maumee Bay out to Fort Wayne - and the sandy soils.

5 minute observations show a couple of 99F readings, so likely reached at least 98F (factoring in rounding). These values are rounded in Celsius to the nearest whole degree before conversion, whereas the official readings are rounded from the nearest tenth of a degree in Celsius.

image.png.dc4c413915546c24fc972a8679b67e24.png

Toledo Executive Airport (KTDZ) did reach triple digits. 100F at 2:50 PM. An observation of 100F on the 5-minute observations is a true observation of 100F since it means the rounded Celsius temperature was 38C, which consequently means it was at least 37.5C (99.5F = 100F).

Toledo - Toledo Executive Airport (weather.gov)

• Like 1