• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

10 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

The GFS really missed with Francine.  It was too far to the east.  I think the actual storm is in the Ozarks now!

Social media has been torching the NWS since this graphic released earlier this morning. Not a good day to be a local met around these parts. As a math guy, I get model deviation potential but this 50 mile shift was brutal for those expecting rain who really needed it. 

459318447_846918374283007_7654098076136200934_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, John1122 said:

CPC and the operational models are in disagreement. They favor AN precip for 6-10/8-14 but the models have virtually no rain here at all over that time frame.

Yeah, it's as if CPC is running behind. I think Models had veen showing a wetter Pattern several days ago. Hopefully, that's not the case and they're onto something. If not, we're hurting around here. Drought, forest fires and damaged foliage.

• Sad 1

On 9/13/2024 at 10:58 AM, *Flash* said:

Social media has been torching the NWS since this graphic released earlier this morning. Not a good day to be a local met around these parts. As a math guy, I get model deviation potential but this 50 mile shift was brutal for those expecting rain who really needed it. 

459318447_846918374283007_7654098076136200934_n.jpg

The GFS total whiffed on this.  Bust city.  Several models were further west, and they were correct.  But this thing in reality was way west of most guidance from a few days ago.  Lots of schedules were changed due to this, but not sure forecasters could have done much.  It is a really good example of an outlier being wrong, but didn't get tossed soon enough.  It had the trend until it didn't.

• Like 1
  • 100% 1

On 9/13/2024 at 7:28 AM, Holston_River_Rambler said:

It's been pretty sad watching the precip chances slowly ebb for plateau areas as Francine has moved toward us. Had a 20 second decent shower and that's about it. Some Hires models showing some storm chances this PM. MRX also notes the non 0 tornado risk in southern plateau and valley areas. 

And man, good to have you posting again!

• Like 2

I see that we have more reactions to choose from.  I think we need to really have a "97" reaction, because my high school drafting teacher would only give us a 97.   She said that great drafting was never really perfect - awesome teacher by the way.  We also have an "x" and a "crap" reaction.  I predict that we see a lot of those during Jan and Feb, definitely March.  Or if someone goes full Boomer Sooner on us next weekend....we could get some early use of those.

So if you need to test some of those out, this is the post to use.  LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Crap 1

On 9/15/2024 at 11:56 AM, Carvers Gap said:

I see that we have more reactions to choose from.  I think we need to really have a "97" reaction, because my high school drafting teacher would only give us a 97.   She said that great drafting was never really perfect - awesome teacher by the way.  We also have an "x" and a "crap" reaction.  I predict that we see a lot of those during Jan and Feb, definitely March.  Or if someone goes full Boomer Sooner on us next weekend....we could get some early use of those.

Well the ole crapper works! 

On 9/15/2024 at 11:56 AM, Carvers Gap said:

I'm setting the over/under 1.5 crap emojis vs. 1.0 weenie emojis as the primary ratio during the November 15-March 15 time period. 

• Haha 2