• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 Obs

We haven’t had a meaningful rain since June 4 (a brief but heavy shower). Looks extremely dry here through the week now. I think this is going to be our first month below 1/2” total since I have lived here. Add on the brutal heatwave and this is turning into a serious drought situation 

32 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Absolutely no rain here. Soybeans and corn are praying Thursday works out. Too late for corn probably 

Yeah everything was east today. I definitely expect some crop failures.

We have ended up with .32" from 3 different rainfalls today with the biggest being .16". That ends our streak of dry weather. Areas to the east and west of me got much more rain. High temp was 94 with a real feel of 111 before the clouds moved in.

1 hour ago, yotaman said:

We have ended up with .32" from 3 different rainfalls today with the biggest being .16". That ends our streak of dry weather. Areas to the east and west of me got much more rain. High temp was 94 with a real feel of 111 before the clouds moved in.

You exceeded our monthly total to date

RDU is over 100. We are nipping at it here. 99.7, hottest reading of the year 

EDIT: we have cracked 100 for the first time this year imby. 100.2 at the moment. May still be ticking up. Please make it stop. This is the most brutal summer I can remember for it being only June

Check this out for something fascinating at Augusta, GA (Bush):

-noon was 93 with a dewpoint of 76 on a SE wind at 9

-1PM was 99 with a dewpoint way down at 58 on a SW wind at 13 gusting to 22!!

That’s a heck of a boundary, a dry line of sorts that went through Augusta last hour! And it came in on SW winds!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaWx said:

Check this out for something fascinating at Augusta, GA (Bush):

-noon was 93 with a dewpoint of 76 on a SE wind at 9

-1PM was 99 with a dewpoint way down at 58 on a SW wind at 13 gusting to 22!!

That’s a heck of a boundary, a dry line of sorts that went through Augusta last hour! And it came in on SW winds!

That is wild

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fantom X said:

101.7 high here today. It's days like these that I question the accuracy. But it's the highest reading since I got the station in 2019. I use an ambient ws-2901. 

It’s the first time I’ve recorded triple digits imby since I have had a station (~5 years). I have an ambient ws-2902. My station is away from concrete and in the open sun 80+ % of the day so I think it’s in an optimal spot for maximum temp readings 

100.2 was the max for the day. It was above 100 for less than 15 minutes 

Got .06 overnight, first rain in nearly 3 weeks.  More could be on the way today, but the overcast seems to be keeping it too stable.  The radar to the west showing mostly drizzle and light rain.  We all need steady downpours.

Not counting yesterday's trace, day 19 of no rain.

96.3 at 1:20pm today. Yesterday turned out to be a "pleasant" 87 for a high, even did a little garden work.

I look at my lawn and say "look how they massacred my boy..."