• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 Obs

I feel like this summers going to turn me into the new Shetley. We’ve been on the outside looking in from every rain event and are probably running about a foot and a half below what folks in triad and upstate have this year 

2 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I feel like this summers going to turn me into the new Shetley. We’ve been on the outside looking in from every rain event and are probably running about a foot and a half below what folks in triad and upstate have this year 

Ah Shetley, haven't seen him around in a while.  Hopefully he finally got some rain.

The western half of NC has definitely been moister the last 3 months.  That said I had a decent 0.81" yesterday up to 1.26" for the week (and month).

I was at 96.2 at 3:10PM. Some 3PM temps: KSAV 95, KCHS 95, KSSI 97, KJAX 97, KGNV 95, KTLH 97, KVLD 96, KAYS 95.

Skies are clear with no haze and winds are  from the W, the typical direction for the hottest highs in summer. These are all at or near the hottest of the YTD. One good thing is that DPs aren’t too bad with upper 50s to low 60s most areas.

Edit: 97.5 for me at 3:43PM!

Edit #2: I hit my high at 97.5 again at 4:20PM 

Highs: SAV, CHS, GNV: 96; SVN: 97; JAX, VLD: 98; TLH: 99;

Mods, please pin this thread. Thanks.

@buckeyefan1

A measly 0.02” last night brings us to 0.29” MTD. Looks extremely dry going forward. For areas that missed out on all the rain over the last month, get those sprinklers ready. GFS brings us <0.50” through the run and Euro and CMC are completely dry. Going into the last few days of June with under 1/2” mtd total is a possibility here 

Just asking, Florida weather enthusiasts. Why don't you have a Flood thread up in here? Hey, south Florida is getting obliterated by 10 inches plus of rain, on top of what they already got in the past few days! This amounts to a historic west Florida Gulf Coast storm, a HWFGCS.

Hit 93 yesterday and with dew points in the low 70's, it made for an uncomfortable day. Already 89/74 at noon today. 17 days without rain.

Hit 95 today before clouds moved in and cooled it off a bit.

17 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Our seasons are, almost summer, summer, and molten lava. Currently it’s almost summer :( 

Enjoy your stay! :D 

Been quite pleasant the last couple days actually. Strong breeze has kept it feeling cooler. 

Quite breezy conditions off the ocean making it tolerable the last couple of days. This was helped today by highs staying in the 80s throughout the area along with mid 60s dews. Going to get a good walk in shortly in the breeziness.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Been quite pleasant the last couple days actually. Strong breeze has kept it feeling cooler. 

There’s nothing better than a nice breeze coming off slightly cooler water to help cool things down a touch :wub: 

• Like 1

A outer band of Invest 92L showers came through here a couple of hours ago. The rain wasn’t heavy and it didn’t last long. Interesting to see though. It is breezy today but less windy than the last few days. The sky has had a tropical partly to mostly cloudy look today.

• Like 1

I’ve had ~1/3” of rain the last ~12 hrs here in the SAV area from several feeder bands from 92L. However, just a few miles S where a couple of the bands lined up better there was ~1”. DPs are in the very tropical high 70s. Skies are overcast with E winds of 15 with guys to 20 here on the N side of the circ, which appears to be centered ~50 mi SSW of me in ~N McIntosh Cty. To the S of the LLC, winds are SW at 15 in Brunswick area.

There’s still a fairly well defined weak low within a pretty high SLP background. Not much is changing as far as the strength of the low is concerned. It is barely onshore drifting slowly N. 

If you go to this link and animate it, you can clearly see the slowly N moving LLC centered onshore about midway between SAV and SSI: check out all of the little heat induced pop up showers (cool stuff)

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/?parms=CLX-N0B-0-24-100-usa-rad

• Like 3

For the first time since 92L started affecting this area, we’ve recently been getting thunderstorms. The rainfall is quite heavy and is training within a band moving NNW from the ocean. There are no warnings yet out for this county, but very likely this has already caused street flooding.

Edit: I ended up with a little over 2” during ~2 hour period with most of that falling within an hour. 

10AM Sunday: LLC now over SE SC (near Beaufort)

• Like 1