• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

42 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

I am sorry for being the debbie downer but we are heading into a serious drought. Today was disgustingly hot  near 100 again at the house. I have had not seen this type of hot and dry weather in June since 2011. No rain. The yards are turning yellow  bigtime now and the corn in eastern Berks county is getting its ass kicked. The Little lehigh Creek base flow is falling.  I see no significant rains in the next 10 days. Tomorrow will be a real killer for the vegetation with dry chinook type winds of 25-30 mph with temps in the mid 80's. The radar tonight looks abysmal

There is one hope left and it's not Luke Skywalker. Wednesday evenings front.

Nothing. No rain. A couple of drops. 7 consecutive days far above 90°. In June. It's 80°F now at 2am.

I sure hope this is an anomaly, something we can all look back at and go "heh, that was weird, right?"

Wonder what it's like up there in East Nantmeal. No, wait, no I don't.

• Haha 2

Got 100 drops yesterday evening, so nothing measurable, but I did manage to get 0.06" early this morning between midnight and 2 am as a consolation prize.  I'll take given much of the action was going on south of me.

As a result of that rain, I ended up with a "low" of 74 just before 3 am but the temp bounced back up to my current of 77, with dp 69.  Waiting for that cold front to come through for a brief respite.

80F at midnight, 74F now which is my low for the day, DP 62F. Nice breeze out there, windows open for now getting some fresh air in the house.

0.0" in the bucket this weekend.

• Like 1

Picked up 0.17" yesterday power went out for about 2 minutes and windy with the thunderstorms, but we need a lot more than that it didn't even fill my rain barrel halfway.

I was in Cinnaminson yesterday they got hit pretty good along Route 130 I would say winds 45-50 and picked up a quick .35-.50 or so.

LOL@ the forecast today. The wind was supposed to taper off by noon, then it was 3pm, then it was 5pm... It's still hella windy. So much so that my flag on the FRONT of my house just BLEW OVER MY HOUSE and landed in the back yard. Pole and everything.

Nice day otherwise. I was kinda hoping to grill some burgers tonight but my grill will absolutely not stay lit in this wind. Oh well.

A beautiful morning across the county with many spots dropping into the comfortable 50's for lows. We see temps begin to warm again today and especially tomorrow with highs tomorrow again touching the 90's in many spots. Some shower and thunderstorm chances tomorrow night as another cold front passes and will cool us back down to near normal temps to close out the work week.
Chester County Records for today: High 101 at Phoenixville (1943) / Low 45 at Coatesville (1902) / Rainfall record was set just last year (2023) at Chester Springs with 1.82" of rain.
image.png.d973cc5ff7d307ca7a3aaffa24cdbea5.png

On 6/23/2024 at 11:14 PM, RedSky said:

There is one hope left and it's not Luke Skywalker. Wednesday evenings front.

Think that will be decent (1"+) for some areas. Maybe a twister?

Grass is yellow-brown crunchy...

Sunny/86F/DP 47F

I was quoted for an article written last week for the Chester County Local. Fortunately my thoughts downplaying the model outputs were correct...as I suggested that the county would not see a 100 degree day. This despite the many models (hello Euro) and on line weather sources hyping the century mark as a possible outcome. As we always say we don't sweat or shovel model output!!
Now, If the model was right....I would clearly not have posted this link!! LOL!!

1 hour ago, CoolHandMike said:

Currently 90 at my house, which is weirdly comfortable after last week. I mean, it IS pretty dry out, so there's that. The whole "yeah, but it's a dry heat" thing in full effect.

Grass is hella crispy though. It'll be fiiiine

Lawn is pretty much a mess...but hey the nice winds, low DPs and Phils wins make this much easier.

Need some mind blowing winds, cow flying, roof topping, electrical capacity blowing junk capacities up Wed, that's about it.....all and all, I'll be all fine..simple. 

Winds still blowing though... 

49.jpg

4 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Lawn is pretty much a mess...but hey the nice winds, low DPs and Phils wins make this much easier.

Need some mind blowing winds, cow flying, roof topping, electrical capacity blowing junk capacities up Wed, that's about it.....all and all, I'll be all fine..simple. 

Winds still blowing though... 

49.jpg

Dude it was so windy here yesterday that my flag somehow came loose from the holder on my front door frame and FLEW OVER my house, pole and all, landing in the back yard.

32 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Dude it was so windy here yesterday that my flag somehow came loose from the holder on my front door frame and FLEW OVER my house, pole and all, landing in the back yard.

I hear ya.

I had one of those "ULine chair/table sets which companies give you (I got free w/purchases) that got blown away w/wind} I got slapped. They are solid products and I'm 6'1/225lbs...I laugh but they can really knock a female/kids to left field...no joke. I always laugh but they can really you pop you if not prepared.

I'm pretty sure it was this son of a  bitch. This was it, solid product but this hurts/nailed if under 200-225lbs(not fun). Again, I got nailed and wouldn't recommend for women/kids around this crap w/wind...it sucks.

hurt.jpg

Hottest day for a while today before storms tonight usher in some typical June temps to close out the week. Weekend looks a bit unsettled with maybe some more rain chances but not a total washout. Temps look to fall back to a little below normal to start the new work week.
Chester County records for today: High 100 degrees at Phoenixville (1943) / Low 43 at West Chester (1899) / Rain 3.35" at Coatesville (1938)
image.png.0c4e574203d4743f35fa39fb518b87a3.png

Forecasts are extremely optimistic for tonight's showers. NAM and the odd runs of the Hrrr keep showing brutal dry slots in eastern PA keeping beneficial rains north and south. GFS and the RGEM or bust.

Local corn and soy crops hang in the balance on this.

Neighbor's lawn service comes every Wednesday to mow regardless of conditions. They're out there now mowing straw and dust. Seems like a waste time & money. My mower and tractor are in the back of the garage with the snow shovels.

92F/DP 70F

• Weenie 1