• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

2 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

KDIX radar went down this morning. Always seems to happen when we have a chance of precip. Never during extended dry periods.

Still down.

I use the State College radar (KCCX) since things come from the W then switch to the TPHL radar but yeah KDIX seems to go down when possible precip is headed our way.

82F/DP 72F

46 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

KDIX radar went down this morning. Always seems to happen when we have a chance of precip. Never during extended dry periods.

Whenever DIX is down, I'll usually switch to KDOX.  The "look" is obviously shifted a bit from DIX but works.

I ended up with a 74 low before it rebounded back up again.  Currently mostly sunny and 86 already, with dp 76.  :o

4 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Whenever DIX is down, I'll usually switch to KDOX.  The "look" is obviously shifted a bit from DIX but works.

I ended up with a 74 low before it rebounded back up again.  Currently mostly sunny and 86 already, with dp 76.  :o

The problem with KDOX is while it covers Philly well enough, it’s a little far from the Lehigh Valley. Same with BGM and CCX. DIX is the only radar that’s close enough to my place in Allentown. Of course it would really help if we filled the I-81 radar gap too.

1 hour ago, LVblizzard said:

It was working just fine yesterday afternoon and night when some storms were moving through the Poconos, northern NJ and into parts of the Lehigh Valley. 

As of 1230pm all locations in Chester County are above 90 degrees. This includes a few spots reaching 90 for the first time so far this year. Of interest here in East Nantmeal we have already hit 91.5 degrees. I have kept daily local observations here for 21 years / summers. This is the warmest temperature recorded here in East Nantmeal Township since the 91.6 degree reading 19 years ago back on August 13, 2005. This is only the 60th time I have recorded a day over 90 degrees in the past 21 summers. Tomorrow will be another hot day but maybe a couple degrees lower than today. Tomorrow will end what for some spots has been a string of 90+ days. The good news is as I look into the longer range models....Is I have a suspicion we will not see another day this summer as hot as today.
Stay cool!

I just drove through a rain shower between King of Prussia and Paoli on 202. The car outdoor thermometer dropped from 99 to 79 degrees in literally less than a mile and a half of driving.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Back in Philly for the weekend helping my mom. It's 99° in the shade in Roxborough. Had a storm graze us juuuust enough to spike the humidity to Florida levels. :facepalm:

Can't be a family member says there is no humidity at Palm Beach

13 minutes ago, RedSky said:

30 rain drops

we got about 1000 drops- enought to get the ground wet and runoff into the gutter.  Just cranked up the steam. Over 100 degrees today.  As I said a few weeks ago , the lawns are burning up in yellow and the corn is spiking. The hit and miss showers are not doing anything but adding to the humidity. The base flows in the creek are finally starting to drop. Drought conditions will become more evident without significant rains by next Wednesday.

• Weenie 1