• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

Had a high a little earlier of already of 88.4 degrees that is the warmest temp so far this year at East Nantmeal with the previous highest temp being April 29th at 85.9 degrees. This is also the warmest temp since last September 7th when we hit 89.1 degrees, We have not recorded a temperature over 90 degrees here in East Nantmeal in almost 3 years with the last occurrence being the 91.2 degrees back on June 30, 2021 - we have a chance do so over the next 3 days....but will of course not be stunned if we end up with another 89.7 or so as we have seen at least 1x each of the last 2 years....stay tuned!

2 hours ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Beats what the winter has to offer, 35 degrees and rain

Easily take 35F, and a cold rain wiih a  WaWa shorty than this crap. Complete hell out there...

95F/DP 71F,,,,sinners!

18 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Easily take 35F, and a cold rain wiih a  WaWa shorty than this crap. Complete hell out there...

95F/DP 71F,,,,sinners!

At least it's not super humid. But I'm with you. You can always put more layers on. My back yard just spiked to 101.3°F.

Most but not all NWS/MADIS stations did exceed 90 degrees today across Chester County with the highest station temp being the 92.6 degrees at Warwick Township. The lowest maximum temp today was the 88.1 at West Grove. Besides West Grove the other higher elevation spots like KMQS Coatesville Airport 89.6 / Nottingham /89.4 and East Nantmeal 88.6 all came close to exceeding 90 but at least for today again came up a wee bit short. Saw a couple 98 readings from some non-NWS WU sites etc. - they may need to add a heat shield or at least move their thermometers into the shade!!

We peaked at 102 but the temp has been yo-yoing around 100 for the past couple of hours now. My backyard temp correlates pretty well with RDG, so even if I may doubt it (how the heck is it still so stinking hot out at almost 7pm IN JUNE, I'm still more inclined to trust the one with the higher reading.

Though I may be upgrading soon. So we shall see. It'll be interesting to see if we broke the official record of 99 set back in 1923.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

95F/DP 71F,,,,sinners!

At least the sky is blue, puffy clouds, and greenery. If it ain’t snowing winter blows.

1 hour ago, Violentweatherfan said:

At least the sky is blue, puffy clouds, and greenery. If it ain’t snowing winter blows.

I'll take single digit highs and windy days over any 90F+/high DP Summer day. No bugs or allergies in the winter as well. Summer is only good for T-Storms, tornadoes or tropical storms. Otherwise I would skip it and go right to Fall...

87F/DP 67F

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Can't figure out what it's been hotter in Berks and upper Bucks than places south this is something new

Wondering the same. Heard this morning Reading was at 82F and I was 79F. It worked that way for more areas N and W...I don't get it. Maybe I had some early morning haze or something.

81.jpg

10 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

We peaked at 102 but the temp has been yo-yoing around 100 for the past couple of hours now. My backyard temp correlates pretty well with RDG, so even if I may doubt it (how the heck is it still so stinking hot out at almost 7pm IN JUNE, I'm still more inclined to trust the one with the higher reading.

Though I may be upgrading soon. So we shall see. It'll be interesting to see if we broke the official record of 99 set back in 1923.

The RDG thermometer has been an issue for a few years.....I saw an analysis on another forum that highlights the issues. I will see if I can find it....

9 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Below is the analysis of the KRDG Thermometer over the past few days...it is worse than thought...that thermometer is running over 4 degrees on average too warm during the day!!

image.thumb.png.d4bada5d64eb7985b2188cc3c9d1ff09.png

A note on the above analysis an average temp error does not mean the station is wrong....however when the overall rating for each of the metrics (in this case temperature) is given a red check mark by the Gladstone analysis this indicates a problem when compared to surrounding stations. Most stations including mine have average temp errors vs surrounding stations....mine runs cooler but it still is within the acceptable range of surrounding stations....this is why my station gets a green check mark. While the results for KRDG result in a red check mark on the analysis of temp so it is clearly a problem as it usually is.

Popped outside this morning to throw some water on an urn out front that I have planted with some drought-tolerant plants - a rubra grass and some portulaca and OMG it was pretty rough out there and we're talking around 5 am-ish.

I ended up with a high of 94 yesterday and the temp was still 84 at 9 pm last night IMBY. :o

It's currently a steamy 74 with dp 71.