• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

43 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Had my annual AC check up yesterday. It's a 12 year old unit with a restriction in it...probably running at 70% efficiency. No point fixing it, the repair is almost as much as a new unit. Hoping to get one more summer/fall/Christmas season out of it.

Reminds me of the jeans I may had to have repaired. (Zipper went off track....2 pairs). I bought each one $23/piece Wrangler at Walmart  Guy quoted me $35/each at the Montgomery Mall. F-that! May as well buy new ones.Speaking of, what a ghost town the Mall, many store leases available. I remember the 80's...arcade booming, totally packed at noon. Me crickets at noon the other day.....weekend! 

Hot as hell already;;;

Not bad at all today. High around 90 with dews in the mid-upper 60s. It’s actually pretty comfortable in the shade.

Tomorrow and Saturday, and possibly Sunday too, look like some pretty brutal days before we get some relief on Monday.

Of note through yesterday PHL Airport is well on there way to a top 5 warmest June on record with an average temperature through yesterday at 75.5 degrees.....of course a far different story away from the PHL Airport heat island problem. The 14 Chester County NWS and MADIS sites are running almost 6 degrees cooler from 68.5 degrees at Warwick to as warm as 70.9 degrees at Longwood Gardens. We are only running 1 degree above normal for most of Chester County....this will not be a top 5 warmest June for the county.....now what you will hear about Philly on the news......

Have hit a day 3 of 90 and above, with Tues. @92, yesterday at 91, for my first "official" heatwave of the summer.  And happy summer solstice.   Days will eventually get shorter.

Surprisingly, my low was 67 this morning, which was lower than the past couple days' lows.

Currently partly sunny with lots of cumulus and 88 with dp 70.

2 hours ago, LVblizzard said:

Not bad at all today. High around 90 with dews in the mid-upper 60s. It’s actually pretty comfortable in the shade.

Tomorrow and Saturday, and possibly Sunday too, look like some pretty brutal days before we get some relief on Monday.

Ya think...

It kinda sucks, looking like 93F+ (later)+DPs 70+ as well. I would toss a hot/Summer liker guy through a wood chipper if /possible..heeve-hooo. with full strength.

Weekend appears horrible....

92.jpg

40 minutes ago, PhiEaglesfan712 said:

According to NWS Mt. Holly, average temperatures today are 2 degrees F warmer than in 1925:

2011 was the last time it passed 100 at Lehigh Valley International Airport. Despite that, the average temperature is still 2 degrees hotter than it was 99 years ago.

I remember that heat wave. I hope I never have to feel heat like that again. The temperature - not heat index, but actual air temperature - got to 104 or 105 at its hottest. And I was living without AC at the time in a bedroom that faced west. Not fun at all.

41 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Ya think...

It kinda sucks, looking like 93F+ (later)+DPs 70+ as well. I would toss a hot/Summer liker guy through a wood chipper if /possible..heeve-hooo. with full strength.

Weekend appears horrible....

92.jpg

Like in Fargo eh?

Looks like 93F again today. Bummed it didn't achieve 97-99 this week, maybe next week..

* Nah next week has cooled off on new guidance oh well

20 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Like in Fargo eh?

Looks like 93F again today. Bummed it didn't achieve 97-99 this week, maybe next week..

* Nah next week has cooled off on new guidance oh well

Stuck at 92F but think I'l hit 93F.

Saturday or Sunday we'll flame-throw 95F+

I wish we get some boomers w/this heat/DP. Power outages, roofs ripped off, transformers exploding...fun stuff, junk like that....

340.jpg

33 minutes ago, RedSky said:

< 1.50" on the month and not on the abnormaly dry map yet 

Don't worry, drought guy will let us know of any potential watches/warnings. He monitors 24/7, triple screen utilization from several different highly regarded top notch resources....

9 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Don't worry, drought guy will let us know of any potential watches/warnings. He monitors 24/7, triple screen utilization from several different highly regarded top notch resources....

I must have an update stat the pond is extremely low it didn't take long. I think this will be worse then last years June which was drought status.

3 minutes ago, RedSky said:

I must have an update stat the pond is extremely low it didn't take long. I think this will be worse then last years June which was drought status.

Grass isn't growing as much and getting kinda yellow so we may be getting close to drought stuff.

May get some boomers Sat/Sun....I'l ask Cecily

7 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Hey I have triple screens and I feel personally called out. That said, we're still under an inch here for June. Starting to get kinda crispy...

41 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Hey I have triple screens and I feel personally called out. That said, we're still under an inch here for June. Starting to get kinda crispy...

That's not bad under a inch. I have a pond near me and it's not low although my lawn is turning yellow/brown in spots.

74F/DP 68F....cool looking moon w/puffy clouds driving by. 

Across Chester County PA - out of the 14 NWS/MADIS sites only 3 spots exceeded 90 degrees yesterday. Chester Springs/West Chester and Brandwine Airport were the only stations to reach that mark. Some other area highs yesterday Kennett Square 87.8 / West Grove 85.3 / Atglen 86.9 / Nottingham 87.0 / East Nantmeal 84.8 / Marshallton 88.8. Those 3 spots are also the only stations in county to exceed 90 degrees at all the last 3 days....Chesco where heat waves come to die!! I suspect today we should finally see the majority of stations with the exception of the highest spots reaching the elusive 90 degree mark!

9 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Taking the trash out @ 11:15pm...muggy after hanging in the A/C for hours. No critters, still waiting for the Joro spider the news has been babbling about...

77F.jpg

I remember seeing my first lanternfly out your way so who knows?  You might be lucky! :lol:

I managed to tap 92 yesterday for a high and this morning was a bit warmer than the previous two with a low of 70.

Currently mostly sunny and 80 with dp 71.

2 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I remember seeing my first lanternfly out your way so who knows?  You might be lucky! :lol:

I managed to tap 92 yesterday for a high and this morning was a bit warmer than the previous two with a low of 70.

Currently mostly sunny and 80 with dp 71.

I haven't seen anything but haven't been looking real hard. This hot stretch should bring out some critters.

Phils game tomorrow at 4:05pm. Good luck with that. I remember the Vet with the astroturf temps on the field were 120F+....you could see the heat coming off the turf. 

90F/DP 71F @ 11:25am...can't believe we have 3 more months of this crap.

01.jpg