• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

.01" for the night. What a lovely time watching all of these storms blow up all around me. Looks like I'll be watering the garden again tomorrow. What a joke the forecast turned out to be this weekend. Hope somebody cashed in at least. It wasn't us.

1 minute ago, CoolHandMike said:

.01" for the night. What a lovely time watching all of these storms blow up all around me. Looks like I'll be watering the garden again tomorrow. What a joke the forecast turned out to be this weekend. Hope somebody cashed in at least. It wasn't us.

anybody north and east of Rt 22 and I78 interchange got nailed in the LV. For us in western lehigh County into Berks- hit and miss all day. The flash flood watches were eventually verified near the LVI airport but as a whole  another localized event with no widespread flooding. Anybody west of Kutztown- nada for the day. Hopefully with the cold frontal passage tomorrow afternoon everyone gets some some decent rain. Cannot wait for upper 40 temps Wednesday morning . The ac needs a rest and the scorched grass patches needs to regreen from the excessive high soil temps. 

A cold front will cross the county from west to east early this afternoon. We could see a couple of storms but most of the heaviest rain should stay NW of Chesco. Almost autumnal weather on the way once this front passes with temps tomorrow struggling to escape the upper 60's in the higher spots of the county. Lower spots may well see some lows in the 40's by Wednesday morning. Dry weather should continue through next weekend with temps rebounding to near normal.
Chester County record for today: High 99 degrees at Phoenixville (1931) / Low 45 degrees at Coatesville (1896) / Rain 5.60" at West Chester (1939)
image.png.a532b96879b0c826d28cb1d658884bb2.png

Last night was perfect. Got a decent amount of rain along with a lot of lightning and thunder. But all the training storms and flooding rains missed - and just barely, too, western and northern Lehigh County got smoked. Hoping we can get some more today before we get a little taste of fall for the next few days.

Well, with one more shower today we ended up at 1.11” sat-mon in this part of Lehigh County. I feel good with water tables and soil moisture, heading into a prolonged dry spell.

0.58 total rain for last event.

62f humidity 66% dewpoint 52f pressure 29.85 rising

Breezy and amazing out open all the windows and the doors and shut the air conditioning off.

Low so far today 60f 

What to look forward to amazing weather through Thursday and the return of the heat by the weekend and early next week.

Also, I am sure the tropics wake up next week!

Most spots dropped into the 50's this morning with the lowest being in East Nantmeal at 57.3 degrees - that was our coolest reading since the 56.3 degree low back on June 28th. Temperatures today in the higher ridge locations will top out just below 70 degrees - if that occurs this would mark the first time we have failed to at least reach 70 degrees since the 66.1 degree high on June 11th. There is no rain in sight for the rest of this week and our below normal temps will gradually increase to near normal by the weekend. No real heat in our future and for some spots 90 degree days are possibly over for this season.
Chester County records for today: High 100 degrees at Phoenixville (1983) / Record Low was 39 degrees at Phoenixville (1949) this is also the earliest recording of a sub 40 degree temperatures in county history. Rain 4.00" at West Grove (1939)
image.png.b36089449717d38aac564dd4e7455320.png

High here was 71F today, currently 70F, DP 49. Seems like it's been a while since we've had these kind of temps in August. I mean it's possible to have a high of 70 in late December. Not a fan of that of course, but wow I'll take these temps in August! 

6 hours ago, RedSky said:

Walnut tree's are almost half yellow and are dropping leaves feels like an early fall

My neighbors walnut tree is strategically placed above his 1930's tin/metal shed....so when they fall and make contact the whole neighborhood hears/knows about it. After they smack the shed they roll into the street....cars run over them and it pops like a gunshot. Great fun! That's how I know Fall is coming...it's happening now.

61F/DP 49F

• Haha 1