• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

I arrived home yesterday.  I did get a few readings from my rain gauge from my sister-in-law who was here.  

July 31st to August 13th total rain here in Media was 4.88".  Looks like Debby dropped 0.95" or so.

Back home and the current weather pattern is opposite of a hurricane strike LOL.

We are protected for now.  Looks like a North to due South flow.

A few isolated showers and dying thunderstorms up north.

We have one sea breeze storm toward Ocean County.  

Otherwise, boring for now.

Good Luck anyone who may be in Bermuda.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Explains why I couldn't see the Big Dipper through that nasty haze last night

The AQI has gone up a bit today but appears to be lower to the surface...probably why it looks more hazy today. DP only 59F/Hum 42% so the skies should be bright and clear. If anything positive, wildfire smoke above creates cool looking sunsets...

qu.jpg

12 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

I swear this video depicts some areas of our region of localized downpours are really like this summer  LMAO

https://www.itemfix.com/v?t=cm5e71

They didn't pan to the sky more which is important than focusing on the ground...I would have. Think I'm calling BS.

These young wipper snappers just want views...

So far in August we are averaging slightly below normal temperatures. Today will be the warmest day we have had in over a week across the county with temps in the mid to upper 80's. Rain chances increase tomorrow and through much of Monday. A general 1" to 2" of rain look possible. We turn back to below normal temps by next Tuesday and that should last through much of next week.
Chester County records for today: High 101 degrees at West Chester (1988) / Low 43 degrees at Coatesville (1979) / Rain 2.45" at Devault (1966)
image.png.840b2834e06cb766648d025bb35638cf.png
  • Like 1

Not our best weather weekend on the way. Some showers have already moved through the county this morning with more on the way through the weekend. We should start to see clearing later in the day on Monday. We then fall to well below normal temperatures starting on Tuesday...in fact on Tuesday some higher spots in Chester County may struggle to escape the 60's for high temps. We should see high temps for the remainder of the week staying in the below normal 70's all work week.
Chester County records for today: High 100 degrees at Phoenixville (1944) / Low 41 degrees at Hopewell (1979) / Rain 5.28" at Coatesville (1928)
image.png.40bee9ae614ef25a300656c0e4eca04a.png

another joke of  forecasted heavy rain event today thus far. These dying t showers are worthless from the Ohio Valley. The PWAT's modeling maybe high but the NER's are off the charts. IMHO, the NERS must be weighed against the PWAT to determine realistic probabilities of heavy rain events. With the constant debris stratus clouds and no diurnal sunshine, the convective aspect  for the formation of high PWAT ratios are essentially  nill  and with the  NER's  so low too, its impossible to achieve heavy rain events. Lets hope the sun peeks out later somewhere west of  Reading before the sun sets

flood watch? How about a dry watch?  I hope this atmosphere starts to moisten up soon with some convective cells but I am afraid the flood watch maybe canceled. Almost feels like last years winter is approaching because of the  Radar virga LOL.

Rain chances ramp up again this afternoon with some spots especially to the northwest of Chesco in line for some heavy rain. Another round of showers tomorrow afternoon with a sharp cold front passing through from west to east toward rush hour. By Tuesday temps will fall to well below normal levels with some higher spots on Tuesday not escaping the 60's for afternoon highs. Some lower spots may actually touch the 40's for lows by Wednesday morning.
Chester County records for today: High 98 degrees at West Chester (2002) / Low 42 degrees at Phoenixville (1945) / Rain 4.44" at Phoenixville (1938)
image.png.8f54c6b12d7a397cfc516786aea231de.png