• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

13 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Yes, there's still a tornado watch until 2pm. But until that line to our west clears the area, I imagine there's still a risk. Curious to see if the watch is extended a few hours based on the timing of the line.

Extended to 10pm 

• Thanks 1

Just measured a 51 mph gust on my PWS. Pretty impressive. Lots of leaves and small branches down around here. Will be interesting to see if more wind mixes down to the surface as the line pushes through. Tornado threat looking negligible at the moment save for maybe a brief spin up.

The heaviest portion of the band seemed to break apart as it approached MBY but has since reformed to my east.

I had a round 2 of rain that had taken me to 0.10" and am currently under light to moderate rain that has given me an additional 0.18" for 0.28" at post time. 

So after a 75 low and 85 high, it's currently 76 and moderate rain with dp 76.

kdix_20240809_2035_BR_0.41.png

I got right around 4” for the event total up here, and looking at the weekly precip map it looks like most of the se quadrant of PA got in the 2”-4” range with a few pockets of much higher totals to the west if Philly. Debby dumped a lot of rain from Florida to Maine for sure when you look at those maps! It amazes me how these tropical systems rebalance heat and moisture over huge areas. The weather looks amazing over the next 7 days!

• Like 1

A much deserved stretch of great almost autumnal weather underway with temps near to below normal with high temps in some of the higher spots possibly staying in the 70's with lows especially in the lower spots down into the 50's. Our next chance of rain is not till Friday.
Chester County Records for today: High 102 degrees at Coatesville (1900) / Low 44 degrees at Devault (1972) / Rain 3.58" at West Chester (1962)
image.png.b0c8a78851bcb8244830eb1daff0b348.png
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kevin Reilly said:

I assuming pretty close to what Media got?  I’m still not home until August 13th.  How about peak wind gusts from Debby?

Probably, there was that one area SW of Media that got nailed Tuesday night when we got 2.25" here, I think there was over 4" there. Then another 1.25" through last night, about an inch of that yesterday. As for winds, gusty from the south yesterday, maybe over 30 mph a few times, but nothing major, around here anyway.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BBasile said:

Ended up with 2.39" on the storm.   Got lucky with the rain last night, too, for the concert.  Didn't think it was gonna happen earlier in the week.  

IMG_20240810_105231_(3907_x_2930_pixel).jpg

Never been to CBP for a concert. How's the sound? I've been to many at the Vet and a couple at JFK :oldman: (Live Aid, Stones and Floyd etc)...both were OK regarding sound but JFK overall was a cooler/better place. The Mann is also a good place for outdoor concerts as well.

81F/DP 63F

Whoever advanced planned their vacation for this upcoming week hit the jackpot...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Never been to CBP for a concert. How's the sound? I've been to many at the Vet and a couple at JFK :oldman: (Live Aid, Stones and Floyd etc)...both were OK regarding sound but JFK overall was a cooler/better place. The Mann is also a good place for outdoor concerts as well.

81F/DP 63F

Whoever advanced planned their vacation for this upcoming week hit the jackpot...

Not great, really.  It was really loud and there's too many angles reflecting sound.  I could hear the symbols 3 times.  lol.  Was a great time, though.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Not great, really.  It was really loud and there's too many angles reflecting sound.  I could hear the symbols 3 times.  lol.  Was a great time, though.  

Yeah, kinda what I thought. It doesn't seem like a great place for a concert. And ticket prices are insane these days. Better off w/a 80" LED and surround sound and crank at home. Looking at your photo, why not have the visual display on the Phillies screen as well...I'm sure money/advertising had to do w/this.   

77F/DP 65F

pf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

12 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Yeah, kinda what I thought. It doesn't seem like a great place for a concert. And ticket prices are insane these days. Better off w/a 80" LED and surround sound and crank at home. Looking at your photo, why not have the visual display on the Phillies screen as well...I'm sure money/advertising had to do w/this.   

77F/DP 65F

pf.jpg

I said the same thing.  Probably too much money.  I much prefer the smaller venues.  That was by far the biggest concert I've been to.  It was cool to experience a crowd like that, though.  My phone said the crowd noise peaked at 115 dBs.  Crazy loud.  

Really a debbie downer. I was expecting lows in the mid 50's with decent dewpoints and a little breeze. Boy am I suprised when the overnight lows barely just reached 60 degrees with dewponts still in the low 60's. All Debby did was raise the humidities in the overnight areas, promote mold and mushroom growth. The worst part is there is no breeze at all in the evening. The midwest is getting the refreshing airmass. By the time it reaches here, it will warm up another 5-10 degrees at night. Record lows in the Great lakes - upper 40's to lows 50's  here jack squat. The windows will stay shut as the dewpoints still remain in the 60's. If you open yoor windows, you are basically allowing the heat to create steamy conditions in the house  in the evening with no breeze. Its really  pitiful when the windows steam up the last few mornings on the outside even when I set the temps in the house in the house at 70 degrees. When does a real Canadian air mass over us?  LOL

• Weenie 1

Temperatures this week should stay near to slightly below normal all week. Mostly sunny with low humidity to pair with that....our next chance of rain looks to be no sooner than next weekend.
Chester County Records for today: High 102 degrees at Coatesville (1900) / Low 44 degrees at Devault (1972) / Rain 3.58" at West Chester (1962)
image.png.358aa44d8450fc1d2f0c95ef04a5e260.png