• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

Everything to the S this afternoon...I never had a chance.

91F/DP 69F

*Phillys 25th 90F day to end July. Think they'll top 40+ 90F days for the year which is horrible. If so, Winter better throw us a bone... 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

We ended July here in East Nantmeal with our warmest July since 2020....but only 1 degree above normal. Rainfall wise we were about 0.5" below normal but we are still running 2.5" above normal for the year to date. A hot and humid start to August with rain chances increasing as we get to the weekend.
Chester County wide records for today: High 104 degrees at Phoenixville (1933) / Low 47 degrees at Coatesville way back in 1895 / Rain 3.26" at West Chester in 2004.
image.png.4ceaf8e7ad68929c43ac1b133d638194.png

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Up to 97F, DP 70F.

Radar meh...maybe a shower.

98F

Horrible news:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-forecasts/fall-forecast-warm-autumn-to-fuel-second-summer-across-most-of-the-us/1672230

Fall forecast: Warm autumn to fuel 'second summer' across most of the US

Meteorological fall starts on Sunday, Sept. 1, but for many, it will take much longer before cool, crisp autumn weather arrives. Get all of the details with AccuWeather's 2024 U.S. fall forecast.

By Brian Lada, AccuWeather meteorologist and staff writer

Aug 1, 2024 12:05 PM EDT

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

98F

Horrible news:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-forecasts/fall-forecast-warm-autumn-to-fuel-second-summer-across-most-of-the-us/1672230

Meteorological fall starts on Sunday, Sept. 1, but for many, it will take much longer before cool, crisp autumn weather arrives. Get all of the details with AccuWeather's 2024 U.S. fall forecast.

"Your just gonna bake"

- Cheryl Lemke

2 hours ago, Albedoman said:

c'mon man. Guidance has not been right all year for precip. 

We gotta hope some tropical remnants head up our way at some point and receive 5"+. Odds favor a hurricane(s) hitting the S or East coast in due time...

82F/DP 72F @ 10pm

18 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

98F

Horrible news:

No surprise, unfortunately. Nina summers tend hang on well into fall. My birthday is mid September and that's when I used to wrap up the AC for the season. But over the past decade, I find myself waiting until mid Oct.

87F/DP 77F as we approach 10am...today is gonna suck!

Scratching my head over this. After this line passes over the next hour there is nothing to follow on the models through tonight and tomorrow. The forecast reads as rainout after 4pm through tomorrow.

NAM's next chance of showers after this line is Sunday and it's not a good one.

GFS has more showers arriving later Saturday evening

Day 3 to start yet another heatwave IMBY, with the last day of July having a 90/75 split and yesterday with a 97/74 split.

This morning's low was 77 and had hit 90 by 9:30 this morning.  High so far today was 95 which is my current with dp 77.

Tally of 90+ days is now 25 IMBY for JJA.

When I had briefly popped outside (foolish) earlier this morning, i saw an interesting combo of cirrus and cumulus - just all kinds of cloud types but still plenty of sun.

I need rain!  Last rain here was 9 days ago (thankfully a soaking but that as worn off).  Hoping I can cash in on some of that incoming stuff!

5 minutes ago, RedSky said:

ECM takes the tropical conglomeration whatever from spinning off the Carolina coast to not north where it's needed, instead tracks it west into Tennessee lol

EC seems to have problems with tropical systems.  The Ukie seems to do better! :lol:

kdix_20240802_1843_BR_0.51.png