• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

2 hours ago, Albedoman said:

Folks, why is MT Holly keep predicting 20% chance of showers the last two days when in fact there is currently nothing currenlty on the radar in the entire state of PA?  Why even mention in showers in the forecast? There is no convective forces even in the area and capes are not being broken.

Thunder, lightning high wind and heavy rain :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Albedoman said:

Folks, why is MT Holly keep predicting 20% chance of showers the last two days when in fact there is currently nothing currenlty on the radar in the entire state of PA?  Why even mention in showers in the forecast? There is no convective forces even in the area and capes are not being broken.

Perhaps be more patient. Some convection has developed in eastern PA toward northern NJ. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, MGorse said:

Perhaps be more patient. Some convection has developed in eastern PA toward northern NJ. 

I think then we have achieved 20% converge even if zero is coming down here.  However, it is nice to see the cumulonimbus clouds off in the distance especially off to the Lancaster area earlier and right now. 

Better luck tomorrow down this way.  All in all, it is a good forecast even despite nothing in my back yard. 

56 minutes ago, RedSky said:

.20" all bark and just a nip 

It rained heavy with giant white drops for two twenty second bursts

.50" amounts one mile south

But 2.40" for July

Better than the humid Sahara down here.

50 minutes ago, RedSky said:

74F ahhhh

I hate you.  :arrowhead:

• Haha 1

75.6 for the warm AM low in East Nantmeal. After today we should get a brief break from 90 degree temps till the weekend. Rain chances start to ramp up this afternoon and especially tonight. We are all hoping for some beneficial rains. By early next week the heat returns....it sounds like July!! Stay cool!
Chester County records for today: High 111 degrees at Phoenixville but 105 degrees at West Chester (1936) / Low 42 degrees at Devault (1954) / Rain 4.35" at West Chester (1931)

image.png.9bb6c5abdb42f217f0f61685571d7047.png

46 minutes ago, stemwinder said:

Heard a Summer Cicada buzzing today.  First time this year, as if we needed a reminder that it is high Summer.  

Still need to check off cicada bees and katydids.

86F/DP 78F

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

83F/77 DP. Once the clouds break, today is going to be pure hell again. Meso models backing off on significant rain for tonight and Friday, what else is new? 

90F/DP 80F here further W @ 12:30pm, hazy sun is out, some breezy winds.

First time I've seen during this current hot stretch. Precip starting to form this early to the W. Isn't that some sort of lame ass "cold front" moving E? Either way, hope it wrings out some heavy duty rain/T-storms later on....

line.jpg

90.jpg

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

90F/DP 80F here further W @ 12:30pm, hazy sun is out, some breezy winds.

First time I've seen during this current hot stretch. Precip starting to form this early to the W. Isn't that some sort of lame ass "cold front" moving E? Either way, hope it wrings out some heavy duty rain/T-storms later on....

line.jpg

90.jpg

I call it the tail of Beryl. May it produce tropical juice.

5 minutes ago, RedSky said:

I call it the tail of Beryl. May it produce tropical juice.

That's a long ass tail.

Colder/cooler air moving E slamming into Beryl moisture flow coming up....hopefully something pans out.  

90F/DP 78F

7 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Still need to check off cicada bees and katydids.

86F/DP 78F

Cicada bee I probably won't see, but I'm always happy to hear the first katydids, maybe 2-3 weeks from now.  When they start yakking, it will be music to my ears, telling me that this hot summer is at least at its midpoint.  Their raspy sound is actually soothing to me. :rolleyes: