Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

5 hours ago, forkyfork said:

your wx station has siting issues

Nope - just an excellent VP station with fan aspiration for better accuracy. Plus I am the highest elevation spot reporting,  The closest to my elevation in the County is West Grove MADIS 650 ft ASL they have reported a high of 89.5 today with my East Nantmeal station at 685 feet reporting a high of 89.6 so far today. See my station temperature health check for today - all good!

image.png.84d42e7e174bced33e67f4326408230f.png

0z NAM 0.0" through 84hr GFS is .20"

Family member says flooding rains from Beryl every day this week after tomorrow(weatherbug) their stocking sand bags lol

Evidently Accuweather also hinted at big rains from Beryl misleadingly

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, RedSky said:

Family member says flooding rains from Beryl every day this week after tomorrow(weatherbug) their stocking sand bags lol

Ratings game my friend.... Rating game!  On a side not the ratings game is a dangerous one though for the public when the big one doesn't come until it really comes in the future if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RedSky said:

La Nina is already kicking in... Hot and Dry is a staple of Nina summers. I think we just need to accept our new desert climate. 

drought guy here says the drought talk --keep it going. LOL.  Only a bonfide atlantic coast tropical storm heading our way is going to break this crappy la nina weather pattern. Hit or miss the next 5 days for t showers is not much. Stratified rain or training t- storms is what we need and after Thursday-Friday  chance with Beryl's tropical remnants , the precip door gets slammed for weeks while temps say cooking. The talk of the town death Valley and vegas - temps near 130.  Been in that back weather  in the early 2000's. My foot sandal melted on the pavement in Vegas at 117 degrees . Overnigh lows were in the mid to upper 90's. Went to Death Valley 128 degrees when I drove through the National Park on my way to Yosemite where there was snow on the ground at Tioga pass  with temps in the lows 70's  neat trip. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Most spots except the highest stations exceeded 90 degrees...as both West Grove and East Nantmeal reached 89.6 degrees. The warmest station high was the 95.1 at West Chester.However, whether it's 89.6 or 95 degrees....one thing is for sure - It's oppressively hot and humid! The next couple days will again see 90's in most spots. Rain chances do increase starting tomorrow and looks to last through Friday. After tomorrow most spots will fall into the 80's for high temps. We should clear out for the weekend.
Chester County Records for today: The all-time recorded PA high based on records was recorded today and tomorrow in Phoenixville at 111 degrees in 1936. This reading has been called into question as both West Chester and Coatesville "only" reported 103 degrees that same day. Highly unlikely there was an 8 degree difference on that day. The record low was 44 degrees also at Phoenixville in 1972. Record rain was the 5.82" at Phoenixville in 1935.image.png.0b8546eaad4c314fc518ea7db3d64c7c.png

I hit my highest temp of the season so far with a 98 yesterday after a 74 low.  Low this morning was 76 and have already hit 90 again today.

Did a "90s+" count for the season so far and came up with 9 days at 90 or above in June and now 6 in July.

Currently partly sunny and hazy with a disgusting dewpoint bopping between 79 & 80! :yikes:

Folks, why is MT Holly keep predicting 20% chance of showers the last two days when in fact there is currently nothing currenlty on the radar in the entire state of PA?  Why even mention in showers in the forecast? There is no convective forces even in the area and capes are not being broken.

8 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Euro says I can probably make it to August w/o mowing.

95F/DP 77F

That's the ONLY good thing about hot/dry weather, the grass/straw/hay/crunchy stuff doesn't grow. It's been 10+ days here w/o mowing and could easily go another week+.

95F/DP76F

*Phils 6:40pm start at CBP, good luck w/that...

29 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

Folks, why is MT Holly keep predicting 20% chance of showers the last two days when in fact there is currently nothing currenlty on the radar in the entire state of PA?  Why even mention in showers in the forecast? There is no convective forces even in the area and capes are not being broken.

Here's the 20%...a little blob developing.

20.jpg

• Haha 1