• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2024 Obs/Discussion

7 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Think they are illegal now....probably find them online though.

Back in the 70s at family get togethers my uncles half loaded on Schmidt's returnables would aimlessly toss them 100ft in the air as I ran around underneath. Great fun!

Not much on radar to the W... 

94.jpg

And right after that we'd jump on our bikes and chase the mosquito truck down the street getting a healthy dose of DDT. Kids today don't know what they're missing.

95F/DP 76F

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

And right after that we'd jump on our bikes and chase the mosquito truck down the street getting a healthy dose of DDT. Kids today don't know what they're missing.

95F/DP 76F

Doesn't matter. They would be too busy taking video/selfies rather then enjoying the moment...

95F/ DP 75F

2 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Wholesome! All the way down to 80F and dp 75 here, at midnight.

On the porch at 2am...still a mess out here. Coming from the A/C to this is like hitting a brick wall.

Critters are starting to get their act together w/the warm temps...still haven't spotted any Flying Joro spiders which is a disappointment and another panic/exaggeration from the media.

80.jpg

• Like 2

After a 77 low yesterday, I got up to 95 for a high and with Thursday's 91/68, today will be day 3 of 90+ to start another heatwave IMBY.

22 hours ago, JTA66 said:

The bulk of last night's rains missed to my north. This morning is a miss to the south. Looks like clearing to our west, it's gonna get disgustable when the sun breaks out.

78F/DP 76F

Same here on both July 4 & yesterday.  Rain to the north and to the south and something that looked like it was headed this way yesterday fizzled before it got here.  Didn't even get any surprise tiny pop-ups.

15 hours ago, BBasile said:

Aaand now it's hell...or Venus...

Screenshot_20240705_165908_WeatherLink.jpg

Right now, at 8:30 am here (after a low of 79), the temp is 86 with dp 80.  The "feels like" on the station says "99.7". :o:yikes:

6 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

On the porch at 2am...still a mess out here. Coming from the A/C to this is like hitting a brick wall.

Critters are starting to get their act together w/the warm temps...still haven't spotted any Flying Joro spiders which is a disappointment and another panic/exaggeration from the media.

80.jpg

Yep my low was 80 f cam down at 3:48 it was 80f with a dewpoint of 78f

12 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

After a 77 low yesterday, I got up to 95 for a high and with Thursday's 91/68, today will be day 3 of 90+ to start another heatwave IMBY.

Same here on both July 4 & yesterday.  Rain to the north and to the south and something that looked like it was headed this way yesterday fizzled before it got here.  Didn't even get any surprise tiny pop-ups.

Right now, at 8:30 am here (after a low of 79), the temp is 86 with dp 80.  The "feels like" on the station says "99.7". :o:yikes:

Right now, 88f feels like 109f humidity 80% dewpoint 80f my gauge is in the shade can this be correct?  I mean I have never seen heat like this before this early in the morning. 

29 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Right now, 88f feels like 109f humidity 80% dewpoint 80f my gauge is in the shade can this be correct?  I mean I have never seen heat like this before this early in the morning. 

Just after 9 am, I spiked to 89 with a dp of 82.  Some configuration of something is drawing GOM moisture up here. 

ETA - I see TS Beryl is showing up on the below map.  Maybe that is churning some stuff up the front.

current-surface-911am-F000_wpc_sfc-07062024.gif

7 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Just after 9 am, I spiked to 89 with a dp of 82.  Some configuration of something is drawing GOM moisture up here. 

ETA - I see TS Beryl is showing up on the below map.  Maybe that is churning some stuff up the front.

current-surface-911am-F000_wpc_sfc-07062024.gif

Yep, water vapor flow tells all.  Our flow is coming right out of the west central Gulf of Mexico right up from Tropical Storm Beryl right to us.  Now the Euro showed heavy rain this week from remnants of Beryl looking at the flow it is definitely plausible.  The precipitable water right now is off the charts for us at the current time. 

Water Vapor Map trace the flow right to the Gulf and far southern states. 

Pennsylvania Water Vapor Satellite Weather Map | AccuWeather

Most locations exceeded 90 degrees yesterday with the only exceptions being the higher spots like West Grove (88.2) and East Nantmeal (88.5). The heat advisory will continue through tomorrow with temps again in the 90's at most spots. There is a chance of some scattered storms today with a better chance by Tuesday and through mid-week. While year to date we are still over 2" above normal rainfall the last 2 months we are running about 2.5" below normal.
Chester County records for today: High 103 degrees at Phoenixville (2010) / Low 45 degrees at Morgantown/Elverson (1979)/ Rain 4.15" at Chadds Ford (1989)
image.png.b7315ca09296847f31f9b4818fa4846a.png

1 hour ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Yep, water vapor flow tells all.  Our flow is coming right out of the west central Gulf of Mexico right up from Tropical Storm Beryl right to us.  Now the Euro showed heavy rain this week from remnants of Beryl looking at the flow it is definitely plausible.  The precipitable water right now is off the charts for us at the current time. 

Water Vapor Map trace the flow right to the Gulf and far southern states. 

Pennsylvania Water Vapor Satellite Weather Map | AccuWeather

I briefly tapped 94 about 35 minutes ago and it's currently 93 with dp 78.

And yup, the Beryl FIREHOSE is in play!!!   (UL Water Vapor below)

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-continental-conus-08-15_01Z-20240706_map_noBar-23-1n-10-100-1109-UL-WV-animated-07062024.gif

• Like 4